Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aragon32

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2014
I recognized this issue of graphic stuttering and fps drop several times while playing Asphalt 8 on my device ( iPad air 2 wlan 64 gb). In my opinion it has nothing to do with the capacity of the device and it doesn't matter if I close all apps in the background before playing or not. The framerate drop in Asphalt 8 occurs only from time to time whether there are any opponents or not and is quite annoying. After a few seconds of stuttering it seems to get better again and the game runs smooth but the framerate drops itself should be noticed by everyone.
Even Real Racing 3 doesn't seem to run very well and you can clearly see some stuttering or missing frames.
Any experiences regarding this issue?

Simacca

macrumors 65816
Jul 31, 2008
UK, South East.
I recognized this issue of graphic stuttering and fps drop several times while playing Asphalt 8 on my device ( iPad air 2 wlan 64 gb). In my opinion it has nothing to do with the capacity of the device and it doesn't matter if I close all apps in the background before playing or not. The framerate drop in Asphalt 8 occurs only from time to time whether there are any opponents or not and is quite annoying. After a few seconds of stuttering it seems to get better again and the game runs smooth but the framerate drops itself should be noticed by everyone.

Even Real Racing 3 doesn't seem to run very well and you can clearly see some stuttering or missing frames.

Any experiences regarding this issue?

Same here!

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1
I recognized this issue of graphic stuttering and fps drop several times while playing Asphalt 8 on my device ( iPad air 2 wlan 64 gb).

Ditto. Air 2/Wi-Fi/128GB. It only happens every now and again but it can be really annoying. I haven't tested it on my 6 Plus I would think the Air 2 having 2x the GPU cores would be better at playing games. It could also be the app for all I know. Its still playable though.

RebornProphet

Suspended
Nov 3, 2013
Strange, plays great on my Air 1 although I'm on iOS 7 and not utilising the Metal update so I'd point the finger at iOS 8 rather than the hardware.

sanke1

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2010
Are the games optimised to take advantage of Air 2's 2.5x graphics power increase?

Or ios 8.1.2 is just a buggy POS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.