Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

satchmo

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 6, 2008
Canada
I'm sure this topic has been touched upon before, but there seems to be so much overlap between these three apps.

DW handles heavy coding with some design capabilities.
MU handles design but blows when it comes to responsive and diving into code
Edge Reflow handles responsive but is geared more for prototyping rather than production ready

As a designer with some coding experience, I'd love to see all three apps rolled into one.

Look at what's happening out there in the marketspace. Cloud based apps like, Sketch, Webflow, Macaw and Froont will eat Adobe's lunch if they don't step up soon and offer a compelling alternative.
Each do some aspect well, but still lack some of the usability designer's have come to expect. Dragging elements into containers and applying classes is not my idea of intuitive designing.

Most of my designer colleagues all speak of that*magic and elusive 'InDesign for web.'
Will Adobe make that unicorn application that will become the de facto standard for web/mobile creation or someone else?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.