Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

annk

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
Please join me in welcoming a new moderator to our ranks! The new volunteer, who is an experienced member of our community, will assist users, enforce forum rules, and help us set site policies.

Our new moderator:

Weaselboy joined MacRumors in 2005, and lives in California.

The goal of the administrators and moderators is to keep the forums enjoyable and useful for both forum members and site visitors. Enforcement of the rules is based on twin goals of consistency and fairness.

We're glad that this outstanding forum member, whose helpfulness over the years you may already have noticed, agreed to join our moderation team and continue his service to other users in an official role. We are grateful to all of our moderators for their assistance to the site and for accepting so much responsibility on your behalf.

Welcome, Weaselboy! :)

The selection process

The selection of moderators is a slow, careful process. We start with recommendations from the current moderators, looking for users with the right personality and instincts: helpful, friendly, rational, fair, those whose participation has consistently been a benefit to their fellow forum members. These we choose excel in many ways and are well-suited for the role we ask them to take as moderators.

Last edited by a moderator:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Welcome to the collective, we've added Weasleboy's distinctiveness to ours - Resistance is futile :p

Alrescha

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2008
Woohoo!

Attachments

• Weaselboy.png
    Weaselboy.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 659

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Weaselboy has been an outstanding and helpful forum member for years, and his help on the moderator team is greatly appreciated.

You can read all about moderators and moderation in our Moderation FAQ.

AllergyDoc

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2013
Utah, USA
Good choice. Weaselboy is one of the most helpful members here. And, perhaps just as important, he seems immune to drama.

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
Well done Weaselboy - I have always enjoyed your posts and your posting style, however, I am surprised it was not me! (not; just joking ;))

Edit: Is there any reason why I cannot access the forum leaders link in Ann's post?

theSeb, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

The Most Common Reason: You have not activated your account by clicking on the link in the email that was sent to you when you reigstered. This must be done to activate your account. If you would like the activation email resent, click here. If you would like to change your email address that you registered with, click here.
You might be trying to post in a restricted forum. Users can't create new threads in MacRumors News Discussion forum or other "official" forums. Please find the appropriate forum for your topic and post there. Marketplace and Political forums have a minimum post requirement.
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you still don't see a reason, read the FAQ for more details.

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
Damn did you just describe me or what :D

The selection of moderators is a slow, careful process. We start with recommendations from the current moderators, looking for users with the right personality and instincts: helpful, friendly, rational, fair, those whose participation has consistently been a benefit to their fellow forum members. These we choose excel in many ways and are well-suited for the role we ask them to take as moderators.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Edit: Is there any reason why I cannot access the forum leaders link in Ann's post?

It was disabled last year after the hack on MacRumors and remains only accessible to staff members. She must have forgotten about the restriction when she posted it the other day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.