Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Original poster
Apr 8, 2013
UK
So I bought a 64GB iPad mini 3 from the Apple Store, however I'd like to exchange it for a 128GB version. How does the exchange procedure work?

Can I exchange it for the 128GB version even through I've set it up and used it?

Also will they return the iPad and issue me a refund and then I'd buy the 128GB version or do I just pay the difference?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
When did you buy it? You can only exchange it within the return period.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I only bought it yesterday so I'm still within the returns period.

You can exchange it, no problem at all. I'd wipe it before bringing it back, just because you don't want your information on it.

As for pricing difference, if you're owed money, they'd refund it back to your card, and vice versa, you'll have to kick in money if it comes out that the newer iPad you're selecting was more expensive.

The bottom line, get the model you want, and it will all work out.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Original poster
Apr 8, 2013
UK
You can exchange it, no problem at all. I'd wipe it before bringing it back, just because you don't want your information on it.

As for pricing difference, if you're owed money, they'd refund it back to your card, and vice versa, you'll have to kick in money if it comes out that the newer iPad you're selecting was more expensive.

The bottom line, get the model you want, and it will all work out.

The price difference is only £80 so I suppose that is what I'll have to pay. Id be happier with the 128GB because I like to store a lot of TV shows and movies I've purchased from iTunes. Plus now that I've moved over to the iPhone I'd like to have my pictures on my mini. It will be my on the go iPad, with the air staying at home so I need the extra storage. Also I think it would be silly not to get the 128GB considering that it's the same price as I paid for my 32GB iPad Air last year.

Thanks for the help #

JPIndustrie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2008
Queens, NY
i think it's important to be able to test drive the configs especially when spending this much on a product. I remember a time when Apple Store had a strict unboxing/restocking fee of I believe 15% or 10% so you had to be extra sure then! (Even for exchanges)

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Original poster
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I'm so glad I bought it from the Apple Store. I had reserved one to pick up at another retailer because I would have gotten a £30 gift voucher with it. However when I got to the store it was packed and the queue was really long. I didn't want to wait so I walked out and went upstairs to the Apple Store instead. The other retailer would not have let me exchange it because I had opened it and used the device.

I have to give Apple props for that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.