Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suture

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 22, 2007
I purchased the Director's Cut of DE: HR off Steam sometime back and figured with a few weeks off, I may as well get started on my backlog of games. The game keeps crashing at random times, not sure why. Getting a white screen, and then the generic "you can press a key or wait a few seconds for a restart" message from OS X.

Looked on the Feral website and around some other sites but can't find anything related to this. Specs are i7 @ 3.5GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 780M on Mavericks.

Anyone have any suggestions? I've verified the cache integrity. I can even continue on in a mission after a restart, but it will inevitably crash again a few minutes later in another random location.

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2013
Submit a copy of the crashlog in a support ticket to Feral Interactive. They're really good about responding and troubleshooting these issues.

For the record, I've not experienced such issues in either Mavericks or Yosemite on my 2011 MBP.

Suture

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 22, 2007
Thanks, just found the option in the setup menu to do that and will submit a report to them.

Suture

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 22, 2007
Wanted to provide an update in case anyone else comes across this. It was actually the 3rd party driver for the 360 controller causing the problem. I realized I was also crashing during Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel as well. Uninstalled the driver and everything is fine again.

Unfortunately I cannot use the controller during Deus Ex, but at least it's not crashing any more.

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2013
Unfortunately I cannot use the controller during Deus Ex, but at least it's not crashing any more.

If you're using the Tattiebogle Xbox 360 controller driver, install version 0.11. The latest version has issues on both Mavericks and Yosemite.

Suture

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 22, 2007
If you're using the Tattiebogle Xbox 360 controller driver, install version 0.11. The latest version has issues on both Mavericks and Yosemite.

Thanks for the tip. I'll check to see what version I had installed. Would love to use my controller for DE.

stockholm61

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2017
hello i did delate the english language data of mistake for my deus x human revolution
anyone who have the file to download

thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.