Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Adammg84

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2014
I got a iPod nano for Christmas synced all my songs fine and it worked good for a day or two. Now it randomly pauses itself every minute, I have to hit play for it to continue. It was bought brand new. I've tried restoring, made sure the firmware was up to date and checked all the connections to make sure the wire was seated all the way in the jack. I've seen various problems reported like this but no answers, it does it hooked into the car stereo or using Apple earbuds. Is this rare or common? Not sure to do an exchange or return.

Look forward to y'all's replies and opinions.

Thanks,
Adam

gewawd

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2013
Asia
It's possible your iPod has erratic volume buttons. Mine was perfectly fine for 10 months before the volume buttons started acting on their own. I was lucky enough I still am in the warranty period to be granted a replacement.

robertosh

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2011
Switzerland
I got a iPod nano for Christmas synced all my songs fine and it worked good for a day or two. Now it randomly pauses itself every minute, I have to hit play for it to continue. It was bought brand new. I've tried restoring, made sure the firmware was up to date and checked all the connections to make sure the wire was seated all the way in the jack. I've seen various problems reported like this but no answers, it does it hooked into the car stereo or using Apple earbuds. Is this rare or common? Not sure to do an exchange or return.

Look forward to y'all's replies and opinions.

Thanks,
Adam

Maybe there is a problem with the headphones or headphone connector. I don't know in nanos but in touches if you unplug the headphones the audio stops automatically. Try with another set of headphones. Good luck.

Sushimon

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2015
It's an issue with your iPod's headphone socket. Connect it through blue phone to Bluetooth headphones and you won't have the issue. (P.s Apple has no solution for it.)

Pebbles1402

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2015
Mine had an issue where it would stop playing music every time the back light went off, and then I did a restore and it played but made a click/pop noise every few seconds until it reverted to not playing. Apple replaced it and said it had been water damaged in the jack, but I really don't know how that could've happened because it wasn't anywhere near water. Is there a way something similar could be the case with yours?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.