Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded a sixth beta of OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 to developers, just a week after seeding the fifth beta of OS X 10.10.2, and two months after seeding the first beta.

The new beta, build 14C106a, is available through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store and through the Mac Dev Center.

10_10_2_14c106a-800x215.jpg
As with previous betas, Apple asks developers to focus testing on Wi-Fi, Mail, Bluetooth, and VoiceOver. Many Yosemite users have had some ongoing problems with Wi-Fi since the new OS was first launched in October, and a November 10.10.1 update did not resolve all of the lingering issues.

Article Link: Apple Seeds OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 Build 14C106a to Developers

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
Any idea when this will finally get released? My iMac (running OS X 10.10.1) randomly drops its wifi connection 1-3 times a week... I'm hopeful this will fix it.

adrean

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2015
Get your **** together Apple.

I got tired of all the WiFi/Bluetooth issues on yosemite. Had to downgrade to Mavericks.

:(:(:(:(

Dekema2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
WNY or Utica
I got tired of all the WiFi/Bluetooth issues on yosemite. Had to downgrade to Mavericks.

My college's Wifi is not always reliable.

Apple, please, please, PLEASE fix the Personal Hotspot connection issues where:

1. your Mac may not recognize your phone after clicking the network button in the menu bar repeatedly
  2. when it does recognize it, it will take awhile to connect and then fail to connect
These issues happen even when all of my settings are correct and I have the 2014 rMBP and iPhone 5s.

ItWasNotMe

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2012

Despite being 'free' Yosemite seems to be making some money for Apple as Mountain Lion (retailing at £14.99) is shown as trending on the UK store site :D:D:D:D

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
My college's Wifi is not always reliable.

Apple, please, please, PLEASE fix the Personal Hotspot connection issues where:

1. your Mac may not recognize your phone after clicking the network button in the menu bar repeatedly
  2. when it does recognize it, it will take awhile to connect and then fail to connect
These issues happen even when all of my settings are correct and I have the 2014 rMBP and iPhone 5s.

Been having similar issues with Personal Hotspot. I will post back if this build fixes it.

Edit: Personal Hotspot issues fixed!

Last edited:

adrean

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2015
Despite being 'free' Yosemite seems to be making some money for Apple as Mountain Lion (retailing at £14.99) is shown as trending on the UK store site :D:D:D:D

It shows as trending, but with horrible reviews and 1/5 stars. Worst OSX release ever.

ItWasNotMe

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2012
It shows as trending, but with horrible reviews and 1/5 stars. Worst OSX release ever.

I didn't think it was that bad (cue storm over which is better than what).

Still great business model isn't it, produce something that is so poor that users will pay to regress to an old version.

In the UK App store it could hardly be said that Yosemite is an outstanding success, over half the reviews award one star...

Attachments

• Yosemite.jpg
    Yosemite.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 180

proline

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2012
Not everyone has lightning fast connection.
If you need to know exactly how many MB, you probably shouldn't be doing betas. After all, the beta could easily have a bug requiring an even larger download to fix.

edi15ta

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2009
I couldn't wait for the update any longer and I moved back to Mavericks.
I didn't have any WiFi issues, but the interface lagged (even with transparency off), and in general all tasks were slower. Additionally, Airplay was randomly dropping connection and it had compatibility issues with a few important for me apps. I don't even want to mention Spotlight...

It's sad for me to say (after 8 years of using Macs), but Yosemite is a new Windows where only a restart (at least once per day) improve things for a while :(.

Last edited:

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
Pointless to post it here. ;)

No. It is not pointless. It can tell you whether it did the firmware update or not, and whether it installed the patch, delta or combo.

Here are the file sizes for this build:

OSXUpd10.10.2Patch.pkg (patch) (389 MB)
OSXUpd10.10.2.pkg (delta) (509 MB)
OSXUpdCombo10.10.2.pkg (combo) (786 MB)
FirmwareUpdate.pkg (firmware update) (55 MB)

So for example, if you say you got 564 MB, that would be delta + firmware update (509 MB + 55 MB).

Last edited:

canesalato

Cancelled
Jan 31, 2010
slow (unusable) airplay mirroring with apple tv 1469...not fixed :confused:
Only fix is to disable bluetooth on the apple tv.
MacBook air 2013. No problem with iOS devices

mag01

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2011
Installing manually, like the old this, you can still use your Mac while installing, if it's through the App store it will take "much" longer.
Yeah... And it's quite funny. I'd like to know how and why does the update process differ between these 2 cases.

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
If you use the direct links instead of the mac app store, you can also bypass the firmware update and run the beta without potentially ruining your firmware with a buggy beta firmware update.

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Yeah... And it's quite funny. I'd like to know how and why does the update process differ between these 2 cases.

I have no clue, found the old way better than the "new" way.
Before you just clicked the installer, it installs in place, then restart without any holdup.
This "new" way is more like windows, don't like it one bit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.