Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

toke lahti

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 23, 2007
Helsinki, Finland
Does a detachable keyboard with compability to any kind of cover exist?
I'd need one for Air1...
Should be detachable so typing on the lap is possible, but there's a lot of use without keyboard, so it's not handy if you can't detach the keyboard when you don't need it. And obviously you need protection for iPad with or without keyboard (this would be for 13-year old user..).

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Does a detachable keyboard with compability to any kind of cover exist?
I'd need one for Air1...
Should be detachable so typing on the lap is possible, but there's a lot of use without keyboard, so it's not handy if you can't detach the keyboard when you don't need it. And obviously you need protection for iPad with or without keyboard (this would be for 13-year old user..).
I have the iPad mini version of this and have been very satisfied:

Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for iPad Air

toke lahti

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 23, 2007
Helsinki, Finland
That Logitech seems to offer no protection to iPad itself (and it's for air2..). Belkin's Qode Ultimate non-pro seems to offer that. Next task to find if there's a Scandinavian layout version of it...

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
That Logitech seems to offer no protection to iPad itself. Belkin's Qode Ultimate non-pro seems to offer that. Next task to find if there's a Scandinavian layout version of it...
It does protect the iPad screen when it's closed, and is very effective. The Logitech Type+ covers more of the iPad, if that is your preference. Of course, if you prefer a bulkier case, there are other options.

toke lahti

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 23, 2007
Helsinki, Finland
It does protect the iPad screen when it's closed, and is very effective. The Logitech Type+ covers more of the iPad, if that is your preference. Of course, if you prefer a bulkier case, there are other options.
I definitely need protection to ipad when it's not attached to keyboard.
Belkin's support has to be the worst on the planet. Finland's call number is not working and e-mails and chat maybe goes to India, where the support haven't heard of localised keyboards... SIGH...

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.