Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tzhu07

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 12, 2008
In all my years of web browsing, I'd say TED.com has the best.

The worst? YouTube, easily.

Meister

Suspended
Oct 10, 2013
Macrumors has the best, of course.

Dpreview has some real gems, when it comes to idiotic threads.

Renzatic

Suspended
Dpreview has some real gems, when it comes to idiotic threads.

You'd think that a site dedicated to the minutiae of high end professional cameras would attract an equally professional fanbase, but...no. NO! They get flat out crazy over there.

"What's that, dip****? Are actually going around claiming that Bayor sensors are superior to Foveons? What the hell are they teaching kids in special ed these days? How not to breath out of your mouth? Seriously, dude. Only an idiot would claim something so stupid! Bayors are bog standard sensors that come in cheap knockoff Wal-Mart DSLRs, and aren't even capable of resolving the color spectrum as well as my left nut. I swear to god if I see you at the next Nikon gathering, I'll slit you open like a hog in a slaughterhouse. Try to f-stop me."

It's a scary, scary place.

Meister

Suspended
Oct 10, 2013
You'd think that a site dedicated to the minutiae of high end professional cameras would attract an equally professional fanbase, but...no. NO! They get flat out crazy over there.

"What's that, dip****? Are actually going around claiming that Bayor sensors are superior to Foveons? What the hell are they teaching kids in special ed these days? How not to breath out of your mouth? Seriously, dude. Only an idiot would claim something so stupid! Bayors are bog standard sensors that come in cheap knockoff Wal-Mart DSLRs, and aren't even capable of resolving the color spectrum as well as my left nut. I swear to god if I see you at the next Nikon gathering, I'll slit you open like a hog in a slaughterhouse. Try to f-stop me."

It's a scary, scary place.
I heard dpreview is the only site they let you access from the computer in the rec-room of the looney bin.

Meister

Suspended
Oct 10, 2013
I found dPreview to be helpful, Its one of the best photography sites out there.
That is true, but some threads and discussions are unbelievably bizare, petty and downright disturbing. It even goes lower than youtube sometimes.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
That is true, but some threads and discussions are unbelievably bizare.

I guess I have my filter on those, or perhaps its the sub forums I read over there but generally I'm not annoyed by them.

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
Polygon is generally decent for gaming related stuff. Things rarely get out of hand.

It's hard to think of more examples as most comments sections are riddled by idiots.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.