Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 18, 2013
I bought my 6 on launch day. I was originally on the fence about getting the 6 or 6 plus. Today I bought a 6 plus with the intent of switching back and forth.

Now I am wondering if I should sell my original 6 or keep it. Not as a spare but literally pop the sim for whatever phone I am feeling that day.

Keep in mind that I do know that I have a problem. I am an addict. I normally swap phones like every 6 months. I buy more cases than a person should have. I also like both of these phones and if there was a 6S model that was out today... I would have just bought that.:confused:

Ultra AleM

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2012
Italy
I bought my 6 on launch day. I was originally on the fence about getting the 6 or 6 plus. Today I bought a 6 plus with the intent of switching back and forth.

Now I am wondering if I should sell my original 6 or keep it. Not as a spare but literally pop the sim for whatever phone I am feeling that day.

Keep in mind that I do know that I have a problem. I am an addict. I normally swap phones like every 6 months. I buy more cases than a person should have. I also like both of these phones and if there was a 6S model that was out today... I would have just bought that.:confused:

Sir, could you please make a donation to me? 10% of your money would be okay for my entire life.

Anyways, just use one phone. Using more than one is not productive in most cases, especially if they are the SAME phone!

11bE5

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2012
Spokane Wa

I'm very happy I'm not the only one I feel you bud I have bought more cases I could probably put a down payment on a car lol. Not including screen protectors

EdMan

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2011
Michigan

I'm in the same boat. I bought a 6 on launch day and bought a 6 plus about 3 weeks ago. Haven't decided what to do yet but just used my 6 again for a few days and they both have their merits. I still think I prefer the plus but I do like the portability of the 6 better. While switching sims is simple enough, I don't think I care for updating apps on both phones. Deciding which one to back up on the cloud.....and so forth. It is cool to use whichever phone fits the occasion best.

yjchua95

macrumors 604
Apr 23, 2011
GVA, KUL, MEL (current), ZQN

I have both and use both.

6+ for personal usage, and 6 for work usage only.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Both purchased here, also. Have been switching back and forth but th 6 Plus is kinda sticking due to the larger keyboard, it is likely the keeper.

Selling my 6? Have not got the courage to do that yet. It is sure looking and feeling small after using the Plus.

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 18, 2013
Keep both since that's your intention. No need to ask strangers.

I guess I just need reassurance to just how crazy I am.

Some points about iCloud are valid. Today I got the message that I my phone didn't back up because I am over my 20GB.

Looking at resale now vs 6 months from now. I don't know how much more the phone will drop.

I am also looking at actual expense for keeping the phone. It looks like keeping the 6 will cost me like $50-$100 at least in the next 6 months.

masotime

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2012
San Jose, CA
I guess I just need reassurance to just how crazy I am.

Some points about iCloud are valid. Today I got the message that I my phone didn't back up because I am over my 20GB.

Looking at resale now vs 6 months from now. I don't know how much more the phone will drop.

I am also looking at actual expense for keeping the phone. It looks like keeping the 6 will cost me like $50-$100 at least in the next 6 months.

You're not crazy (or not the only crazy person). I also own both the 6 and the 6+, 128gb, and I like to think of the 6+ as an iPad nano / good camera.

For the record, I also own both the iPad mini 3 and the iPad Air 2, 128gb cellular. I usually carry 3 of my 4 devices randomly rotating through them. I've not been dissatisfied so far. ( I have lots of storage because I'm a bit of an app addict....)

For cases and screen protectors.... Just get AppleCare+ and don't worry about it. I carry my devices "naked" except in cold weather where metal / skin contact is not practical.

thegrants82

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
Right here
I have both and use both.

6+ for personal usage, and 6 for work usage only.

Same here except 6+ is for work. Best of both worlds but to tell you the truth I'm happy to put down the 6+at the end of the day. Its just too big and carrying it around all day is getting way old....

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Unless you feel your lifestyle warrants both sizes, I'd also suggest also you decide on which is the better one for everyday use and sell the other.

If you found the 6 getting you by daily since launch, don't keep the Plus and buy a different toy! :)

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX

You fit right in here, don't you worry! My wife thinks I'm insane....we cleaned out my home office in preparation for some new furniture this weekend and.....safe to say she just shook her head when she saw me pull out all of my phones and set them on the desk lol.

----------

Unless you feel your lifestyle warrants both sizes, I'd also suggest also you decide on which is the better one for everyday use and sell the other.

If you found the 6 getting you by daily since launch, don't keep the Plus and buy a different toy! :)

I agree with this.....if I could use Android for work, I'd probably ditch my iPhone 6 for something different.

I could never get rid of my 6+ though. It's hands down the best smartphone I've ever owned - easily my favorite.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
You fit right in here, don't you worry! My wife thinks I'm insane....we cleaned out my home office in preparation for some new furniture this weekend and.....safe to say she just shook her head when she saw me pull out all of my phones and set them on the desk lol.
Lol, happy to see I'm not alone. My mom tells me I can have my own call center with all the phones I have. :p

techiegirl

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2007
I have both as well and am using both. I keep thinking I should stick with one, but can't decide which one to stick with.

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
IF you bought 2 phones, I doubt you need the money. Id say keep them both, you can always use "manything" and leave the one at home set up as a live stream security camera. I still have and use my iPhones 5S and 5. Mostly as an iPod for running since the 6+ is a bit large for that, and the other as a remote for my smart tv and apple tv.

In all honesty, I am also considering getting the 6 for my regular-use phone, but at this point Ill just wait for the 6S and get the smaller version >.<

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I know I couldn't use two phones. I've tried it in the past and one just sat there unused. For this reason I've talked myself out of buying a note 4 to use along side my 6 plus.

However if you think you can realistically use both enough then you could keep them.

Right now I have 4 tablets at home. Need to get rid of two I think. I'm a gadget hoarder lol

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
If you don't need the money, then keep both. I still switch my SIM card back and forth between my 5s and 6.

la79

macrumors regular
Dec 27, 2011
Oh what to do.

Attachments

• hqdefault.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 46
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.