Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

os_x_yosemite_round_icon-250x250.jpg
Apple today released OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, marking the second update the operating system has received since its October release. Testing for OS X 10.10.2 began in late November, with Apple seeding six betas to developers before releasing the update to the public.

The OS X 10.10.2 update can be downloaded through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store.
- Resolves an issue that may cause Wi-Fi to disconnect
- Resolves an issue that may cause web pages to load slowly
- Fixes an issue that caused Spotlight to load remote email content when the preference was disabled in Mail
- Improves audio and video sync when using Bluetooth headphones
- Adds the ability to browse iCloud Drive in Time Machine
- Improves VoiceOver speech performance
- Resolves an issue that causes VoiceOver to echo characters when entering text on a web page
- Addresses an issue that may cause the input method to switch languages unexpectedly
- Improves stability and security in Safari
According to the release notes, OS X 10.10.2 solves lingering issues with Wi-Fi, fixes issues with Safari web pages loading slowly, improves VoiceOver, improves audio and video syncing when using Bluetooth headphones, and adds the ability to browse through iCloud Drive in Time Machine.

The update also fixes several notable security flaws, including an issue that caused Spotlight to load remote email content even when the Mail preference was disabled, vulnerabilities detected by Google's Project Zero, and the "Thunderstrike" hardware exploit affecting Thunderbolt-equipped Macs.

- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 Update (554.3 MB)
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 Combo Update (840.3 MB)

Update 10:47 AM: OS X 10.10.2 includes Safari 8.0.3, but Apple has also released standalone Safari updates for OS X Mavericks (7.1.3) and OS X Mountain Lion (6.2.3). Security Update 2015-001 is also available for Mavericks and Mountain Lion.

Article Link: Apple Releases OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 With Security Fixes, iCloud Drive Browsing Options in Time Machine

PowerBook-G5

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2013
Not sure if I want to update to 10.10.2 yet...my WiFi has been PERFECT all throughout the Betas and public releases. I just don't want to screw up a good thing.

baryon

macrumors 68040
Oct 3, 2009
Hmm, why am I not seeing "Fixes issue that causes your £2500 computer with highest end specs to run a little bit slower than your Windows 95 PC from 1999" in the list of fixes?

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
"Browse through iCloud Drive in Time Machine."

Was iCloud Drive not being backed up before?

PilotTiny

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2013
United Kingdom
I'm still running OS 10.9.5. I've been so leary to take the leap to Yosemite, although it is a very beautiful place in real life. Is it time to still hold off for my iMac?

I've been running 10.10.2 beta on my late 2013 21.5 iMac without any major hiccups. Saying that though, my Mac had trouble reconnecting to my wireless keyboard after a restart today. But once i get 10.10.2 up and running, I will let you know!

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
"Browse through iCloud Drive in Time Machine."

Was iCloud Drive not being backed up before?

I believe that it was, but you had to dig through the Library to find it. Now it exists as a typical menu item in the Time Machine Finder window.

Better late than never?

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
I believe that it was, but you had to dig through the Library to find it. Now it exists as a typical menu item in the Time Machine Finder window.

Better late than never?

Thank you for the clarification. I use Mavericks mainly, but do test some things with Yosemite and I've never needed to use a TM restore there yet. Seems odd that that isn't how it worked from the start. Still, like you said, better late than never.

The Barron

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2009
Central California Coast
Safe yet?

I'm still running OS 10.9.5. I've been so leary to take the leap to Yosemite, although it is a very beautiful place in real life. Is it time to still hold off for my iMac?

I agree. I'm still running 10.9.5 with great results, however I am tempted to make the switch. The wi-fi issues and a few others mentioned over the past couple of months have bothered me though. :eek:

Opinions?

stewy

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
Kingston, ON
Just upgraded my late 2008 MacBook with an SSD over the weekend. Kind of amazed that Apple hasn't killed support for it yet.

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
Wi-Fi still broken for me. Does not automatically connect when I switch user accounts, nor does it reconnect when I restart my computer.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Opinions?

When I occasionally run Yosemite on my rMBP with an Air Port Extreme base station I don't have any issues with Wifi (I never did). If you don't mind the aesthetics I'd try it.

I would probably recommend you make a USB Installer and try it out on a separate partition first because it's far less impressive when not on a retina-quality monitor.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.