Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gvkreddy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2015
I have some mp3 files which are not downloaded from iTunes. I want to change the albumn and song names of that in individual folder. Can some one guide me how can i change the song details of individual mp3 files without opening iTunes?

Thanks!

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
You can't edit the song attributes in Finder, but a third-party ID3 tag editor will do it. However, I haven't done that so I'm not how that affects the tags the next time you open iTunes if the songs are already cataloged in iTunes.

You didn't say if they were in your iTunes catalog already or not or if you even wanted to add them afterwards.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
You can't edit the song attributes in Finder, but a third-party ID3 tag editor will do it. However, I haven't done that so I'm not how that affects the tags the next time you open iTunes if the songs are already cataloged in iTunes.

You didn't say if they were in your iTunes catalog already or not or if you even wanted to add them afterwards.

Exactly this but I've found iTunes won't love you for it unless it's been removed from iTunes then re added after it's been edited. Also some editors fields don't match iTunes and as a result cause anomalies

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.