Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Newaygo1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2015
I use an I Phone 5S for work and a few days ago the ability to reply or forward an email is no longer there before when I would get an email I would just touch the toolbar and it would offer me options like reply or forward to that email now when I get an email there is no toolbar after opening that email. I am not much with Smart Type Devices like the I Phone and not sure how to get this Toolbar Back? Step by step instructions would be helpful I am a novice when it comes to devices like the I Phone. What can I do to get this back and working??? Again not familiar with how to set up or change setting I was handed the phone and it was all set up. Never had to do anything and still learning how things work with it.

Any help would be appreciated.
Newaygo1

afsnyder

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
I use an I Phone 5S for work and a few days ago the ability to reply or forward an email is no longer there before when I would get an email I would just touch the toolbar and it would offer me options like reply or forward to that email now when I get an email there is no toolbar after opening that email. I am not much with Smart Type Devices like the I Phone and not sure how to get this Toolbar Back? Step by step instructions would be helpful I am a novice when it comes to devices like the I Phone. What can I do to get this back and working??? Again not familiar with how to set up or change setting I was handed the phone and it was all set up. Never had to do anything and still earning how things work with it.

Any help would be appreciated.
Newaygo1

When you see your home screen double press the home button quickly. Scroll until you see the mail app icon and the screenshot of the mail app. Slide the screenshot to the top of the screen to close the mail app. Now press the home button and launch the mail app again.

Did this fix your issue?

Newaygo1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2015
You lost me when you talked about home screen, This is what I do to access the I Phone slide to unlock enter the code and it opens I push what I am looking to use Phone, TXT Message, Email, Camera, Compass, Time / Stopwatch or Internet to search out something. Sorry but I am not good with the current Smart Phone terminology or uses... Guess I will just find someone that knows how to fix it again you lost me with your first sentence some are not much with technology my personal cell phone is still a flip phone have not use for all the extra stuff and could not afford a data plan smart phones have just need a personal cell for emergencies nothing more so I am already lost as to the steps you suggested. Guess I need someone that has a working knowledge now I am even more lost...and over my head with what you talked about

Thanks guess I am done here... Just don't play with smart phones like others do... to know much with one.

Newaygo1

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
Basically, afsnyder thinks that your mail program is messed up and you need to hard-reset it.

Go to Mail and quickly double-click the home button.

You'll see Mail shrink into a floating "card"

Swipe that card upwards so it flies off the top of the screen.

Now go and re-open Mail like you usually do. Did that fix it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.