Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MRvof

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2014
I get an Apple notice that update to 10.10.2 available. So, tried 4 times to down load and auto restart and behold 10.10.1 is still there. I even shut off the energy saver so no inadvertent sleep. Whatt's up?

simonsi

Contributor
Jan 3, 2014
Auckland
I get an Apple notice that update to 10.10.2 available. So, tried 4 times to down load and auto restart and behold 10.10.1 is still there. I even shut off the energy saver so no inadvertent sleep. Whatt's up?

Possibly the imperfect internet is not completing the download, probably due either to the popularity of the upgrade download or some unrelated capacity issue twixt you and the Apple servers....?

Have you tried downloading anything else from anywhere else to compare?

MRvof

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2014
Update Software

I've had no problem with other downloads and updates, Firefox, Parallels and others.

I'll try again when I the the time. BTW how long did it take when you were successful?

JamesMB

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2011
Texas
I've had no problem with other downloads and updates, Firefox, Parallels and others.

I'll try again when I the the time. BTW how long did it take when you were successful?

I upgraded yesterday, and it took around 30 minutes.

MRvof

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2014
Update to 10.10.2

After five attempts, I decided to forget it. Last nite I get a prompt to shutdown to install update. It took 9 minutes, then shutdown and restart and final installation took 7 minutes. Behold 10.10.2!

Sorry I have no clue why it took hold, what I did and can offer no help to anyone. Thanks for replies I got.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.