Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smithrh

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
Not sure if this was tweaked, but in the past if I've written a long post (or taken a while in writing a post), I would be logged out via timeout, and lose the entire post.

Today, I was in the same situation, but after logging in, my post was... posted.

Nice!

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
We didn't change anythin. The new version of the forum software we are migrating to has a better auto save function.

arn

macstatic

macrumors 68010
Oct 21, 2005
Norway
I'm having this problem as well. I keep having to log in all the time.
I know many forum sites have users logged in indefinitely (until logged out). Other forums have a user-definable setting for how long you'll be logged in (probably counting from whenever there's no user-activity). Could something like this be configured for this site?

When is the new forum software due for installation?

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
I'm having this problem as well. I keep having to log in all the time.
I know many forum sites have users logged in indefinitely (until logged out). Other forums have a user-definable setting for how long you'll be logged in (probably counting from whenever there's no user-activity). Could something like this be configured for this site?

When is the new forum software due for installation?

This happens even if you check the "Remember me" box when you log in?

macstatic

macrumors 68010
Oct 21, 2005
Norway
Your suggestion fixed the issue!
I had previously just allowed session cookies in my browser, but when allowing cookies to be stored, and with "Remember me" enabled I wasn't kicked off after a while as before.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.