Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

silversurfer50

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2013
Yesterday the apple email app stopped updating my btyahoo email account. It would search for mail and then just say it was updated at 16.42. I added my husband's btyahoo account and all works perfectly. I then deleted my account and redid it and although the folders are displayed no population of emails will take place. It just says updated yesterday and no emails are in any of the folders. I checked and rechecked all the settings but cannot see that there are any errors. I have also deleted the account and restarted my iPad Air before recreating the account.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Bt have decided to drop Yahoo and are migrating people to BTMAIL.

This happened to me a few months ago.

Perhaps log into your MyBt and see if your account is awaiting migration.

silversurfer50

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2013
Bt have decided to drop Yahoo and are migrating people to BTMAIL.

This happened to me a few months ago.

Perhaps log into your MyBt and see if your account is awaiting migration.

Thanks for replying. I have checked the settings against those for a seamless move to BT Mail and all looks well. I am afraid I do not know where on My BT to check whether my account is awaiting migration. On the main page it still shows my email as being BT Yahoo.

I would also mention that my month old iPhone app is still working perfectly and also the Yahoo app I installed yesterday is working normally on my iPad.

It is almost as though there is something corrupt in my iPad mail app which is only affecting my BT Yahoo account but as there is no way of deleting and reinstalling this app I am at a loss to know what to do next.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
It's a staggered migration I believe.

You could restore your iPad via iTunes after making a back up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.