Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Meister

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 10, 2013
I have problems writing on Macrumors with both my iPads lately.
A little bar appears that says "a problem occured with loading this webpage ao it was reloaded" (on safari)
Chrome just keeps on crashing. On my macbook everything is fine.
Did you guys change anything?

Last edited:

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Sorry... did not notice this thread until just now.

Are you still seeing this issue, because I am not seeing it on my iPad.

I can go to the main page and read articles then click the discussion link below the articles and that takes me to the forum thread and everything seems to work fine.

scottct1

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2012
Connecticut USA
is this still happening to you? can you email me at
Arn yes it is still happening but only in Firefox, working fine now in Chrome and Safari.

So I am guessing its a Firefox issue... (I seem to be having more and more Firefox issues on my machines lately.)

millerj123

macrumors 68030
Mar 6, 2008
My laptop is fine, but chrome dies completely, and I'm still getting the reload error in safari on my iPad

RMo

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2007
Iowa, USA
I'm getting the same problem with Firefox 35 on my Mac. It redirects to "macrumors.com//" and I get an error message from the server reading: "Mac Rumors - Page Not Found: Oops! We couldn't find the page you are looking for. Please return to MacRumors.com."

Safari works fine.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
I'm getting the same problem with Firefox 35 on my Mac. It redirects to "macrumors.com//" and I get an error message from the server reading: "Mac Rumors - Page Not Found: Oops! We couldn't find the page you are looking for. Please return to MacRumors.com."

Safari works fine.

Try clearing your cache in Firefox

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
That's really odd because about 3 days ago on my iPad I kept getting a "Server Unavailable" notice whenever I tried to load macrumors.com but it didn't affect forums.macrumors.com

It lasted about an hour and the next day I got the same "A problem has occurred" as Meister, but only one time.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Try clearing your cache in Firefox

I'm still getting the issue occasionally.
It's not a big deal, but I guess I should post it. This just happened.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-02-15 at 10.52.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-02-15 at 10.52.59 PM.png
    111.9 KB · Views: 536

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
Macrumors crashing Safari on iOS units

I have an iPad2 and an iPhone 4S, both with iOS7.1.3. Since a week ago or something, both of them crash repeatedly when going to Macrumors, using Safari. Has anyone else experienced the same thing?

It doesn't matter if it is macrumors.com or the forums - Both crash the browser after the page has loaded.

Meister

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 10, 2013
FYI the problem persists.
Macrumors is a real pain in the ass on both my iPads.

Meister

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 10, 2013
What problem specifically?

Page reloaded?

arn
I have problems writing on Macrumors with both my iPads lately.
A little bar appears that says "a problem occured with loading this webpage. it was reloaded" (on safari)
Chrome just keeps on crashing.
On my macbook everything is fine.
Did you guys change anything?
On my other iPad it constantly goes to a blank page, after i submit a post or do other things.

lunaoso

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Boston, MA
iPad mini latest iOS. (error -->reload)

iPad iOS 4.3.3 (blank page)

I've been having the same thing happen on my first gen iPad mini. It's usually when I try to post something. I've attached a picture of the error message I get. It's on Safari, latest iOS (8.1.3 I want to say?)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 312

Meister

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 10, 2013
I've been having the same thing happen on my first gen iPad mini. It's usually when I try to post something. I've attached a picture of the error message I get. It's on Safari, latest iOS (8.1.3 I want to say?)
That is the same message I get, too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.