Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Joe Rossignol

Senior Reporter
Original poster
Staff member
May 12, 2012
Canada
l0ESfvm.png

MacRumors Asks: What is your favorite iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus case that you have used?

Why do you like your case? What made you choose your case over others?

Some of the popular choices for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus cases include:

• Apple Silicone & Leather Cases
  • Spigen Neo Hybrid Case
  • Pad&Quill Little Pocket Book
  • Speck CandyShell
  • OtterBox Defender
  • Tylt Energi Plus
  • Tech21 Cases
  • Mophie Juice Pack Air & Plus
  • Twelve South BookBook

Last edited:

fuchsdh

macrumors 68020
Jun 19, 2014
I'm using the LUVVITT Ultra Armor (combined with a tempered glass shield) and love it. Can't say it's "the best", but it was a lot cheaper than the Otterboxes I used on previous phones, and it's worked flawlessly thus far for going on four months—and has worn attractively taking the scratches and bumps it's saved my phone proper for.

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
I keep going back and further between 3 for my 6 plus

1. Speck Candyshell Grip
2. Thule Atmose x3
3. Otterbox Commuter

tops2

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2014
Speck Candyshell Grip

In short:
Perfect to me despite from the increase in size and weight.

Long winded:
I have the iphone 6 plus, which is just too slippery for me when going caseless.

The Speck Candyshell Grip is almost the perfect case in my opinion for me.

The standout feature that I saw, and everyone that I've shown to, notices is the grip. I can, with confidence, use the phone one handed. I do need to shift the phone around to reach all parts of the screen, but I have no problem finding the grippy strips which really help keep the phone in my hand without sliding.

The buttons on this is super responsive.

The case feels really really sturdy to me too. Speck claims this meets the Military drop spec, so I'll trust that.

The lip is high, but not too high to me. Its rubbery, so I don't need to place the phone down face first really carefully.

The only 2 big negative things to me is the increase in size and weight. Granted the iphone 6 plus is already large, but in certain pants with the CandyShell Grip, its too large. **(I don't wear skinny jeans). With my other smaller, slimmer cases, I don't feel the size as much. While I have no problem with the increased weight, its definitely noticeable to me.

All in all, this is my favorite case. I'll use it for weekends or when going on long trips. For daily use though, I'll probably switch between the Speck CandyShell Grip and my Spigen Air Cushion clear case. The Spigen one is good enough for normal use, but the buttons on mine is much much harder to press and it doesn't feel like it'll protect as much as the Speck CandyShell Grip.

Last edited:

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
I've settled on three for my 6 Plus, but who knows what the future holds. :D

• CandyShell Grip
  • Magpul Field Case
  • ZooGue Social Pro

The best case is subjective, but very cool thread to check out what everyone else thinks.

Last edited:

jpcarro

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2009
On your nine
Funny Incipio cases shown but not listed. I used to favor the Incipio Feather, but it's not a feather anymore. I'm liking the Caudabe Veil, though it's more skin than case.

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
PowerSupport Air Jacket, non-force, clear version.

This is kind of odd for a Macrumors editor to ask? What's this info going to be used for?

Viscerol

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2013
Magpul... Because that's the one I own. Seriously, everyone's gonna list what they own and think is the best because they spent their money on what they have.

mrgossett

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2008
Spigen Neo Hybrid Metal - Also tried the Apple leather and silicone, Tech 21, and Magpul. The Spigen (for me) is the best combo of good looks, protection, and button operation.

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
The Trent Alixo is the best transparent case on paper I've ever seen... although I haven't taken my 6 Plus out of my Verus leather case long enough to try it.

parrot5

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2010
Magpul... Because that's the one I own. Seriously, everyone's gonna list what they own and think is the best because they spent their money on what they have.

Many of us here have many cases per phone.
The Magpul is my newest addition, but not the one I voted for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.