Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will an iPad Pro be announced at the March 9th event?

• I think the iPad Pro is going to be introduced

Votes: 18 15.4%
  • I think other iPads will be shown (mini, air)

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • No iPads. The spotlight belongs to the Watch

Votes: 93 79.5%

• Total voters

Izauze

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 13, 2013
Wondering what folks thoughts are on this.

Last edited:

Nee412

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2010
Sunny England!
If there were any iPads it would be the announcement of an iPad Pro/Plus with an A8X variant. The only reason I think this is vaguely possible is the rumours that went around late last year about the iPad Pro being delayed because of the success of the iPhone 6 and 6+. If it was ready then and delayed then there's a good chance it's ready now.

Of course that's an outside chance. If the rumours were correct Apple may have just missed a window, and so they'll just wait for the next set of iPads.

If the rumours were wrong, Apple may never have planned to release an iPad Pro/Plus yet.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
I tend to think it would be kinda ironic... if they introduced a new iPad Mini w/ the internals of the iPad Air 2. Cause last time they introduced a new iPad in the spring it was the iPad 3.

voltaire2030

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2011
Samsung may released it's Galaxy Note Pro or/and 10.1 at the MWC in March (1 or 2 ?) and if Apple is not releasing an Ipad Pro with an active digitilizer on the March 9 they are going to be loosing a market segment (student, professional and business) for Samsung & M$. As much as hate leaving the Ipad ecosphere (losing all $ that I invested in Ipad's apps) , I will wait to the 9th to make a decision. But I really need active digitilizer tablet for my professional need : paperless office - evernote integration.:mad:

Aaron from KY

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2010
Northern Kentucky
I think we might see the iPad Pro, watch, and 12" MBA. We might get a sneak peek at iOS 9 since it's rumored to be a Snow Leopard like release. I also wouldn't be surprised to see a sneak peek at 10.11 or even a new :apple:TV, 10.11 probably ought to be a snow leopard like release too, given how many features they've added since Mountain Lion. It makes no sense for them to have an entire event just for a watch they've already shown off in the Fall.

kmj2318

macrumors 68000
Aug 22, 2007
Naples, FL
Considering that we already know quite a lot about the Watch, I don't think there's nearly enough info for it to take up a whole keynote. I'm expecting at least some MacBook info.

I hope there's info on the Beats integration, but it's probably way too early for that, unless it's a sneak peek.

Last edited:

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
I'm expecting Tim to announce the watch for sale date, show more on it, and 'intro' the iPad pro, and a new iPod Classic/Touch replacement.

But who knows... It could be about anything.

Mliii

macrumors 65816
Jan 28, 2006
Southern California
I SERIOUSLY doubt that there will be the introduction of anything other than the watch.
They're not going to do anything to dilute the effect of introducing an entirely new species of Apple product by tacking on just 'yet another' variant of the iPad...

Jeff R

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2014
Hoping to see the 12" iPad & Macbook but I'm pretty sure this event will focus on the watch.

oldmacs

macrumors 601
Sep 14, 2010
Australia
I kind of thought there might have been an iPad Mini 4 to fix the perceived issues with the iPad Mini 3(like the iPad 4 was a fix for the dismal iPad 3), but there haven't been any part leaks, so I doubt it.

nj-morris

macrumors 68000
Nov 30, 2014
UK
It won't take 2 hours to talk about the watch.
I hope they do release 3 new iPads. Maybe its a bit too much to ask, but I'm anticipating an iPad mini redesign (since the mini 3 was a tiny release) an iPad 4 like release for the iPad air, and of course the iPad pro

Nee412

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2010
Sunny England!
It won't take 2 hours to talk about the watch.
I hope they do release 3 new iPads. Maybe its a bit too much to ask, but I'm anticipating an iPad mini redesign (since the mini 3 was a tiny release) an iPad 4 like release for the iPad air, and of course the iPad pro

There's no way they will update the iPad Air again so soon after the iPad Air 2 was released. Nor do they need to. The iPad Air 2 is a fantastic iPad. I doubt the iPad Mini will get a new release either, because the Mini 3 really isn't that bad. The only reason people think it's that bad is because it has the same processor as the Mini 2, but let's not forget that's an A7. That's not a bad processor and the Mini 3 isn't a bad device. Apple has just made the mistake of diluting it my keeping the Mini 2 around.

The iPad Pro is something new though, so there is an outside chance it will be at least announced on the 9th.

Kavier

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2010
Raleigh, NC
I think it'll be all about the watch. Apple wants to make sure to build up as much excitement as possible prior to the release, so I doubt they'd take away from it with iPads.

Samtb

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2013
Most likely only watch. There's a very slim chance of a new MacBook Air release but even that's more likely for WWDC or later.

byke

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2007
LDN. UK
I am expecting Apple to collaborate with Nike and release a set of apple shoelaces that auto tension, through an IOS app. It will also be able to notify you when your tension on your nike soles are becoming too squishy, so you can buy a new pair (via iOS notification). Should go nicely with the watch.

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
Wondering what folks thoughts are on this.

Nothing iPad related will be mentioned but I'm expecting them to spend a couple minutes on the iPod Touch even if it it turns out to be just an announcement that the Touch is being discontinued.

I'll be waiting for the outcome of the media event in vain hope Apple announces the Touch 6 :D.

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
Pretty sure it will be pretty much just the watch. Hopefully an iPad mini 4 is announced, however, I HIGHLY, HIGHLY, doubt that will happen. Just hate that the mini is always a step behind the full size iPad now. I like portability. That shouldn't mean I have to be forced into old technology.

Maybe there will be an iPad pro announcement. Maybe a retina MacBook air announcement. Maybe an iPod touch 6, who knows. I just am curious whether 2 full hours will really be spent on JUST the watch or not, highly doubt that it will. Excited to see what may be in store for us on the ninth. Possibly the remaining A5 devices will be dropped, giving us some insight in what that might mean for iOS 9. Pretty eager over here.

rhinosrcool

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
MN
I SERIOUSLY doubt that there will be the introduction of anything other than the watch.
They're not going to do anything to dilute the effect of introducing an entirely new species of Apple product by tacking on just 'yet another' variant of the iPad...

Yeah, this is my guess. There probably will also be several watch accessories shown. Since there is a big question mark on it's impact, they're going to devote the keynote to it, and rightly so.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I think it will be the watch only. If they do announce anything else it will be something minor like an Apple TV or new iPods (if they even care about those anymore).

Anything like the iPad pro or retina MacBook air is too big of a product. They would want all of the attention to be on the watch and wouldn't want it to be split between other big products like the iPad pro or retina MacBook air.

temna

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2008
It will probably be 95% Apple Watch and 5% "One More Thing" the new Apple TV..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.