Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NutFlush920

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
I had Younity installed on my Mac mini so I could access files remotely. I've upgraded to DropBox Pro and no longer want Younity installed but, it just won't go away. I deleted from the Applications folder, I've gone through App Cleaner and securely emptied my trash, and I even looked in the installer dmg for an uninstall option but, every time I reboot, Younity loads up.

I can't find anything searching Google. This app just won't go away and it's driving me insane.

Please help

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I had Younity installed on my Mac mini so I could access files remotely. I've upgraded to DropBox Pro and no longer want Younity installed but, it just won't go away. I deleted from the Applications folder, I've gone through App Cleaner and securely emptied my trash, and I even looked in the installer dmg for an uninstall option but, every time I reboot, Younity loads up.
Software like AppCleaner doesn't do a thorough job. The most effective method for complete app removal is manual deletion:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.