Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nando87

Cancelled
Original poster
Jun 25, 2014
Any of you use this case? I had an otterbox defender for the air 1 and the screen protector made bubbles, it worked quite horrible... what can you say me about the griffin survivor based on real personal experiences?

DoctorEgypt

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2015
Egypt
I was about to buy it ..l but before buying I made some researches online and the survivor for iPad air 2 is horrible... Although I had the survivor for iPad air 1 and it was beautiful ... Made some researches and went on with Otterbox defender case for iPad air 2 and really it's an excellent one.... You should get one too as it has more options and screen cover ... Also the screen protector is awesome and very sensitive .

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
Both griffin survivor all terrain (msrp $80) and survivor slim (msrp) have gotten pretty bad reviews. Main complains about survivor all terrain has been that the buttons don't line up and the quality isn't the same as previous griffin ipad 2-4 and iPad air survivor series. (I have personally owned ipad 2-4 griffin and iPad air 1 survivor cases and loved them).

The survivor slim complaint have been that they are too tight and hard to snap off. If you intend to buy the case cause you have toddlers or in heavy duty construction and expect a lot of dirt. You need to be able to take off the case to clean it once In a while.

I ended up getting Urban Gear Armour (msrp $50 case). It's got the same 6 foot military drop specification as Griffin. It's more of a folio case that tough but good looking. Didn't think I would like it because I had griffin in my other iPads. But the urban gear Armour is a pretty good case and functional.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.