Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andreyirra

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2014
Mexico
I have been playing the past weeks with the 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 generations of iPod Nanos.

I have been very happy with the ones with clickwheel. They have a diferent "personality" in themselves and feel like they have a unique personality. It's not just the clickwheel but the entire design. They way the handle and feel is soft and curved.

I have had the 7th gen for about a year and it's the one with less use of all. It's size and weight are impressive but it's too square, you can actually feel the hard borders and it has always felt a little weird to have to move my finger all over the tiny screen which seems hard and not slippery even if it's not.

But the worst thing came with my recent adquisition of a 6th gen nano. I just used it for an hour and it seems huge, clunky and really slow. The screen feels even more non responsive. Overall, it doesn't feel like and iPod at all. I look at it and I don't feel like using it. Seems cold and hard and boring and frankly makes me feel bored.

Am I actually nuts for writing this thing? :eek:

Slix

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2010
While I really love the 1st gen nano design, because it was my first nano, I got a 6th gen for the replacement program, and it's really grown on me. The clip is one of my favorite features, and I can hardly imagine using an iPod while walking around without a clip now. Clickwheels are great, but the 6th gen I think takes my preference for favorite nano design, actually. If the 7h gen had a clip too, it might have been a more widely accepted design decision. But who knows. :p Everyone likes what they like. :)

entropi

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2008
I got a gen 6 from the replacement program. I like it overall, my only complaint is its slipperiness... So shiny round edges, so hard to hold comfortably! Now, it's so light that if you drop it, it almost stays in the air :D but I don't want it to fall on my macbook air.... I need a rubbery silicone case I guess.

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
While I really love the 1st gen nano design, because it was my first nano, I got a 6th gen for the replacement program, and it's really grown on me. The clip is one of my favorite features, and I can hardly imagine using an iPod while walking around without a clip now. Clickwheels are great, but the 6th gen I think takes my preference for favorite nano design, actually. If the 7h gen had a clip too, it might have been a more widely accepted design decision. But who knows. :p Everyone likes what they like. :)
Exactly.

The 6th gen is my favorite Nano. Love the clip, the form-factor, the baked-in cross-fading, and sound quality. I also enjoy using it on occasion as a watch.

But then again, I also like my 3rd Gen Nano "Phatty". :eek::D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.