Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Matheew944

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2015
Ip 6+, better battery life, better screen , better camera, . Also, I hadnt experience any lag issues on my 6+. is faster than my prevoius 5. Will Ip6+ get more software updates than Iphone 6?:apple:

dojoman

macrumors 68000
Apr 8, 2010
No it's not. Battery isn't that much better, too big to carry, slight lag compared to 6. $100 more. Again too big to carry. :D

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
Agreed.

There isn't much advantages coming from the 6 except better for one-handed use which isn't really common anymore and cheaper price.

In almost every area, 6+ trumps it. You pay more for the 6+ but you get more. After awhile or by say 2020 went many phones have reached 5.5" to 6", people will look back at the 4.7 iPhone 6 and think how compact it is and how the iPhone 5s look like a baby's iPhone next to the Shaq Daddy of iPhones with the Plus series. Some still haven't got used to or accepted carrying a large. But remember when 4.7" was gigantic in 2011? By 2013-2014, it became normal.

Level 1 - 4"
Level 2 - 5"
Level 3 - 6"

Some are still stuck in white belt, Level 1. The small size while slowly transitioning to Level 2. Most are ready to tackle the big boys. 5.5"+ will be standard by 2018 like 4.5"+ is now. Just a matter of time. Thank goodness everyone including Apple followed Samsung's lead with the Note or we would all be stuck using 3.5-4 inch screens forever. Technology is not supposed to stay stagnant.

sodapop1

Suspended
Sep 7, 2014
Yes, the iPhone 6+ is a much better phone for me than the iPhone 6 but that doesn't mean the same has to be true for everyone else.

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
After awhile or by say 2020 went many phones have reached 5.5" to 6", people will look back at the 4.7 iPhone 6 and think how compact it is

Well it's great that we care today what people will think of our phones five years from now, when now will be five years in the past!

Anyway both phones are good depending on your needs, personally I think the 6+ looks like a clown phone and is far too unwieldy for me.

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
I'm thinking the plus is better because with the regular 6 we deal with the FaceTime camera being obstructed whereas I haven't heard of that on the plus.

I should sell the 6 and get the plus for that reason.

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
Will Ip6+ get more software updates than Iphone 6?:apple:

They will get the same amount of updates.

Hopefully the iOS9 rumours are true, and they will be optimising performance, rather than cramming in as many features as possible, which should fix the performance issues the iPhone 6+ has.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
No it's not. Battery isn't that much better, too big to carry, slight lag compared to 6. $100 more. Again too big to carry. :D

I have had both. I see no lag difference and the 6+ has dramatically better battery.

I would end the day with 15-25% left on the iPhone 6
I would end the day with 65% left on the iPhone 6+

My usage is/was the same on both.

----------

Yes, the iPhone 6+ is a much better phone for me than the iPhone 6 but that doesn't mean the same has to be true for everyone else.

Yep exactly.

technosix

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2015
West Coast USA
I bought both just for fun. I kept both because I have specific use cases for each. That said if I was forced to choose it'd be the 6 Plus without hesitation.

YMMV

xCore

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2015
Manchester, UK
I saw this 6 as a stepping stone. I had the 5s then got the 6 and it took a little time to get use to the size (which is perfect) the 6 plus just seemed huge and then after a while I started liking my friends 6 plus so I got one and now the 6 feels like my 5s did.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
I love my 6+ though do get lag at times, I think this comes down to what apps you have downloaded etc.

For some people the 6+ is just too large.

Pros/Cons of owning the 6/+

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
It is different for everybody and I see pro's and con's for each device. For me the 6 trumps the 6 Plus in the size department and that is a major influence in my buying decision. The Plus has pro's too but when I thought about it, for me, these were not compelling enough when the size of the device was considered.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
I used a Note 3 for over a year --- had people bashing me left and right for having a PHABLET. It took me about 2 weeks to get used to the size - now I can never go back. I can't even type on a 4s or a 5(5s) because it's too tiny. I use my phone easily 10x as much as I did back when I had a 4s and a 5 - because the larger screen is so much more pleasant to use. I read books on my phone - I do most of my news consumption on my phone. With my 6+ this has continued even more so.

Those complaining about size. My wife is 5'1. She's tiny - so are her hands. Took her less than a week to adapt to the 6+ from her 5 and she loves it and she won't ever go back. And yes, she too uses her phone easily 2-3x more than her 5.

I don't think it's really the size - when I had my 4s and my 5 - I never thought I'd get a massive Note 3 - even thought the idea was dumb (I had an iPad back then - now I don't).

My 6'3 friend with hands bigger than mine is keeping his 4s because he can't stand how big phones are getting. I imagine once he used one for a week he wouldn't ever go back. To each his own. I know he barely uses his phone other than for a few texts/calls. I'm on my phone a good percentage of the day - it's replaced my iPad, my laptop for reading/news/books/majority of communication I do. I still use my Chromebook for data entry/research/heavy communication.

Matheew944

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2015
Owning an 6 +, I will never get back to the 4 inch Iphone, 5.5 inches or maybe the 6 inch Iphone in the future

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
Even before they were released, I saw no clear advantage with iPhone 6 over 6 Plus other than it is smaller, easier to hold one-handed/to carry and you can get it cheaper.

Every battery test out there, 6 Plus always scores higher. And maybe when you got your 6 around launch day, battery life was fantastic. BRAND NEW, of course it will be longer. After six months, all of it degrades and I see more people complaining about the 6 battery now than the 6+.

The OIS found on the 6+ is a negligible advantage over 6. The clear advantage is that 5.5" screen. It is true FULL HD with 76 more ppi. No oddball 750p resolution. I didn't think 76 more ppi would make a difference in sharpness but it does esp in text. Add the fact the keyboard is roomier in portrait mode using the 6+ and you can't resize them larger like you can do on Android. And the most common usage usually deals with the display like typing on a keyboard, browsing web, reading, watching videos, gaming, etc.

For two years, already been there and done that with the 4.7" screen from the M7. It took me awhile to handle the M7 size coming from iPhone 4/Nexus One. After some prep work of nearly two years, need to upgrade to something that can truly enhance the experience instead of sticking to the 4.7-5.2 range for that overrated one-handed use/pocket-friendly advantage. Transitional phase wil be much shorter going from 5" to 5.5".

In 2007, 3.5" was big.
In 2011, 4.7" was big.
In 2017, 5.5" will be viewed as "normal" like how some might view 4.7" currently today.

When you first see an iPhone 6 next to iPhone 6 Plus, your first thoughts is how BIG the 6 Plus is. After using 6 Plus for awhile, you compare them both and start thinking how SMALL the 6 is. Reversed reactions. That's usually the case once you adjust to their sizes.

jdiamond

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2008
I'm still holding out for the 12" iPhone 6+ Pro

In 2007, 3.5" was big.
In 2011, 4.7" was big.
In 2017, 5.5" will be viewed as "normal" like how some might view 4.7" currently today. /QUOTE]

You're all missing the boat. 12" iPhones will be here in the near future, but you'll all be stuck with your 6" phones. The iPhone Pro should be even better than the 10" iPhone 6 Air.

;)

In all seriousness, every one of these is a computer, but every form factor has a defining characteristic for its form. For me, the defining characteristic of a "phone" is that it fits in my pocket, so it's always with me. If I were a woman with a purse, they I could have a much larger "phone" before it became a "tablet". And if it gets really big, it's called a television.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.