Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

three4rd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2015
Hi,

I am considering an Air, but what concerns me the most is the lower processing speed of the Air compared to Pro. Another issue is that the screen resolution is not as high? Any thoughts on these two concerns?

Thanks,
Keith

motrek

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
Hi,

I am considering an Air, but what concerns me the most is the lower processing speed of the Air compared to Pro. Another issue is that the screen resolution is not as high? Any thoughts on these two concerns?

Thanks,
Keith

The base clock speeds of the MBAs are kind of worthless to look at. You have to look at the turbo boost speeds. Comparing turbo boost speeds, I believe the rMBP is only a few percent faster, maybe 10 or 20, rather than the huge percentage difference implied by the base speeds.

The rMBP definitely has way more pixels than a MBA but the default logical resolution for the rMBP will display roughly the same amount of information on the screen. It will just be sharper. The rMBP can be configured to display more information but that may be too small for comfortable use.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.