Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Visly

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 25, 2014
Yesterday at evening received my space gray 256 GB/1,1.
The laptop is just great.Old keyboard on my rMBP ME864 seems awful after new in rMB.Given the fact I'm doing on this machine will be enough for common tasks.I almost do not use USB ports/else so it seems to me that apple is looking to the future,depriving the laptop just unnecessary, time of bulky machines like rMPR machines out.I think there will be redesign it later(rMBP will have design like 12 macbook).Charging cable almost like iPad,very little.Portability on top.But I still do not understand how to use Force Touch.Much lighter than ME 864,typing also faster.Generally retina rMP seems like a 19 century machine after the new MacBook.I am from Ukraine,I have a friend from NY,he bought it for me ,but given the fact that even in the US the deficit then I'm glad I got it relatively quickly.

Last edited:

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
I almost do not use USB ports/else so it seems to me that apple is looking to the future,depriving the laptop just unnecessary, time of bulky machines like rMPR machines out.I think there will be redesign it later(rMPR will have design like 12 macbook).

What is a rMPR?

Mcdevidr

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2013
I don't really like force touch. I changed it to 3-finger tap and that works better for me.

Visly

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 25, 2014
I don't really like force touch. I changed it to 3-finger tap and that works better for me.

I don't know how to use it
Can yo tell me what functions it do?
i tapping on touchpad(force touch turned on) and nothing is happing(while tapping on some word in text)

MyopicPaideia

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2011
Sweden
What is a rMPR?

You're extremely anal retentive - over half your posts are either grammar police scoldings, pedantic one liners pointing out typos or the definitions of incorrectly used words or phrases, or disengenuous rhetorical question posts like this one - or some combination of thereof.

Obviously the OP's not a native English speaker, and just as obviously you know almost instinctively that he is referring to a Macbook Pro with Retina display, even if he got the acronym wrong.

Listen, I think proper use of language and writing skills are important too, whatever the language being used, but I politely request that you concentrate a bit more on adding to the discussion of the threads you choose to post in, rather than simply come in and react to other posters' language and typing skills.

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
You're extremely anal retentive - over half your posts are either grammar police scoldings, pedantic one liners pointing out typos or the definitions of incorrectly used words or phrases, or disengenuous rhetorical question posts like this one - or some combination of thereof.

Obviously the OP's not a native English speaker, and just as obviously you know almost instinctively that he is referring to a Macbook Pro with Retina display, even if he got the acronym wrong.

Listen, I think proper use of language and writing skills are important too, whatever the language being used, but I politely request that you concentrate a bit more on adding to the discussion of the threads you choose to post in, rather than simply come in and react to other posters' language and typing skills.

Since when is asking for clarification being anal retentive? I honestly didn't know what a rMPR was and did not want to assume.

Visly

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 25, 2014

Thanks
yep - my english is middle because i am from Ukraine
But i love this forum - there are many interesting info about retina 12 macbook,
so little later i can make a review (rMacbook Pro retina 13 vs retina 12 macbook)
I think benchmarks(like geekbench) do not show real situation with performance,the simple speed tasks(as opening Pages/Safari browsing) is more important - its no difference between macbook pro retina 13/macbook 12 in speed
maybe even 12 macbook faster than ME864 when many tabs in safari are opened because 12 macbook have 8 GB RAM,my Macbook pro Retina 13 Retina - only 4 GB.
My retina were very slow in this cases and it annoying for me and now ok with 8 GB RAM/macbook 12

iSheep5S

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2013
Scotland
I doubt they will change the rMBP too much if at all. That's like saying the Air would affect the design of the rMBP... it didn't.

As i posted before. rMB is for casual users and those with 'new and shiny' to justify it as a main machine for a while.

The Air is a nice, better priced machine with ports,power and no retina to keep the costs down.

The rMBP is a no compromise work horse.

Also all Mac's are portable if you came from Windows at least at Pro levels.

Your all spoilt! :D

Visly

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 25, 2014
Only one weakness - battery
its worse holding than Retina Macbook Pro 13
but not critical
in 2:00 PM charge was 100 %
in 7:30 PM - about 10 %

Visly

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 25, 2014
Hmm OP what brightness level have you got the rMB at?
100 level of brightness of display
and 60 % of keyboard
but I'm always set up this settings in this levels(also do this on macbook pro retina 13)

Maven1975

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2008
Thanks
yep - my english is middle because i am from Ukraine
But i love this forum - there are many interesting info about retina 12 macbook,
so little later i can make a review (rMacbook Pro retina 13 vs retina 12 macbook)
I think benchmarks(like geekbench) do not show real situation with performance,the simple speed tasks(as opening Pages/Safari browsing) is more important - its no difference between macbook pro retina 13/macbook 12 in speed
maybe even 12 macbook faster than ME864 when many tabs in safari are opened because 12 macbook have 8 GB RAM,my Macbook pro Retina 13 Retina - only 4 GB.
My retina were very slow in this cases and it annoying for me and now ok with 8 GB RAM/macbook 12

Good for you! Most Americans only speak one language.

Congrats on your new rMB!

vanimal

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2014
100 level of brightness of display
and 60 % of keyboard
but I'm always set up this settings in this levels(also do this on macbook pro retina 13)

You must train yourself to use 60% screen and 20% keyboard lol. I'm sure it will make a world of difference. I try to keep the keyboard lighting off during the day. And pop it on at night.

Even though I know it looks cool :)

headcase

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2007
Raleigh, NC

Great suggestion -- I didn't see that option in the preferences until after you mentioned it. I was finding the extra force needed for using force-touch was excessive.

whatever77

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2015

Agree 100%.....

Visly

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 25, 2014
One thing i noticed - is lags in Safari/Chrome on some sites
maybe flash lagging - don't know
When i opened Chrome - its loads memory 80%!!
and macbook is hot when its running
i closed it and using firefox/safari

Visly

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 25, 2014
I think era of browsers is ending because there must be separate applications (for example i wanna to open this forum and open separate application of MacRumors,it takes a long time to type in Google "MacRumors")

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.