Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

corry20

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
I received a replacement Iphone 5S and restored from I cloud I have banners and notifications checked.I used to get notifications now I can only get text notifications.I have deleted the apps and reinstalled them.On my Ipad I get notations fine from the same notifications I subscribe to on my Iphone.Anyone have any Idea how to fix this.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Is there a particular application that you are not getting banner notifications from? And what do you mean by "text notifications" instead?

corry20

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
Is there a particular application that you are not getting banner notifications from? And what do you mean by "text notifications" instead?

All my news apps I don't get notifications I have reinstalled them but nothing and selected banners.On my Ipad all my alerts work.I get text from the messaging application fine.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
All my news apps I don't get notifications I have reinstalled them but nothing and selected banners.On my Ipad all my alerts work.I get text from the messaging application fine.

So it's more of an issue of notifications not coming through from some apps (rather than particular style of notifications, like banner notifications, not working)?

Have you tried opening the apps after you've installed them--sometimes they just need to be opened before they register their push notifications.

corry20

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
Yes I did that it's the same thing.It works on my Ipad just not my Iphone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.