Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phisherman81

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 26, 2010
I've was jumping in and out of Runeblade for a few days, and now I've gotten pretty far.

Anyone else playing? Mine is now in full cruise control and seems to be killing foes nonstop since yesterday afternoon. I'm approaching half a million coins at the moment.

Cheule

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2009
I played it for a while, enjoyed it too. Stopped playing after I realized how much it was killing my watch battery, even just running in the background.

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
I played it for a while, enjoyed it too. Stopped playing after I realized how much it was killing my watch battery, even just running in the background.

This isn't possible. No third party apps run in the background on the watch... Everything runs and is processed on the phone and the screens and images are presented to the watch.

Actively playing a game or using an app will reduce your watch battery life because the watch screen is on and it's communicating with the phone, but just letting the game do its thing without checking it will have no impact.

Cheule

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2009
I hear you on that, I just know my watch battery was getting sucked down while I had that game. Blame it on the active play time then.

Denziloshamen

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2015
I've was jumping in and out of Runeblade for a few days, and now I've gotten pretty far.

Anyone else playing? Mine is now in full cruise control and seems to be killing foes nonstop since yesterday afternoon. I'm approaching half a million coins at the moment.

What level are you on? I've so far reached level 100 for the first time, at which point you are forced to retire and start from scratch (with more power than you previously started with). I'm back up to level 111 now, as you can pass level 100 after the first retirement.

I'm just not quite sure where this is going and what I'm gaining through the progression. How far have I got to go? What's the payoff when I get there? What is the overall objective of the game?

Jim4D

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2013
I love this game,

I don't think there's much to it apart from occasionally micromanaging your hero, it gives me something to do waiting for the bus every now and again.

Phisherman81

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 26, 2010
What level are you on? I've so far reached level 100 for the first time, at which point you are forced to retire and start from scratch (with more power than you previously started with). I'm back up to level 111 now, as you can pass level 100 after the first retirement.

I'm just not quite sure where this is going and what I'm gaining through the progression. How far have I got to go? What's the payoff when I get there? What is the overall objective of the game?

I'm at Beach Cliffs 31 - I have a 33/39 Runeblade. I try to milk the stages for $$$ as much as I can so I'm taking my time.

staked

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2013
I'm "playing" it, but holy hell is it boring. All you do is load it every once in awhile and collect gold.

I prefer games like Spy_Watch, Lifeline, Poll Party, etc. that make you feel like you're actively participating in the game.

Denziloshamen

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2015
I'm at Beach Cliffs 31 - I have a 33/39 Runeblade. I try to milk the stages for $$$ as much as I can so I'm taking my time.

There's no point in doing that as the amount of $$$ you earn goes up by a huge amount every few levels. You might as well just progress straight through once you reach the boss every 100 enemies. You just need to make sure you have enough XP and spells to activate to get past the boss. Later levels have you earning billions and trillions before you can buy upgrades, but you earn them at the same pace as you did when the rewards were smaller and the upgrades cheaper to buy.

Phisherman81

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 26, 2010
There's no point in doing that as the amount of $$$ you earn goes up by a huge amount every few levels. You might as well just progress straight through once you reach the boss every 100 enemies. You just need to make sure you have enough XP and spells to activate to get past the boss. Later levels have you earning billions and trillions before you can buy upgrades, but you earn them at the same pace as you did when the rewards were smaller and the upgrades cheaper to buy.

That's good to know; thx! I'm always stingy with my RPG bucks, but I'll give it a shot!!

Kaizens

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2015
Question about passing through level 100

Hi dudes !

I got a little question to ask about level 100, after reaching it for the second time or over : Why do we lose our hardly acquired items bought with cristals as we pass again level 100 ?

Losing these items' bonuses as monsters keep getting better and better could turn into a serious pain... Especially when we talk about the gold gain bonus ! Kinda loved my little 15% extra.

Thanks.

<3:apple:

Denziloshamen

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2015
What makes you think you've lost them? I still have them. They only show in the iPhone app though. To upgrade them further though, you have to retire the character again to get more crystals and then you can buy more upgrades but start from scratch.

I was kind of under the impression there would be a way of earning crystals after level 100 without having to retire them before they can be spent. I don't understand the point in being forced to retire before you can upgrade trinkets.

Denziloshamen

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2015
I think every 50 levels is a change of location. You don't get to earn crystals until you can retire your character from level 100 onwards. The further you go, the more crystals you get when you do retire, but then you have to start from scratch. The first time you reach level 100, you are forced to retire and start again. I'm currently on level 150 on my second play through. It's getting slower and slower to progress, but very little reward for doing so (you get a crystal added to your value, but you can't spend it on any upgrades!!).

Phisherman81

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 26, 2010
Currently on my 3rd or 4th run @ Marshlands Level 214.

I can cash out with 114 crystals to spend for the next run. Not sure if I should or keep pushing.

I really want to get the 5th rune spell before I do.

Bradley Easton

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2015
Been playing it for a few days now but after awhile it just seems pointless. All you do is collect the coins, upgrade your stuff and then quit out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.