Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

airattack111

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 9, 2008
is killing me. I want this slow (but badass) laptop right meow :(

3-5 week backorder

Last edited:

nearlycried

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2015
Should just go try the stores if theres one near you and bug them. I managed to get mine last week that way luckily.

I am not patient, ha

troubleonline

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2010
Edinburgh, Scotland
Should just go try the stores if theres one near you and bug them. I managed to get mine last week that way luckily.

I am not patient, ha

That's no good if like me you want a 1.3ghz version though :(

----------

Well many people are getting it shipped earlier than that. Apple's estimates are always a worse case scenario.

Do you think? My impression was that no one was getting particularly early but I hope you are correct.

PsychicRutabaga

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2015
Minnesota
Waiting for Gold here (1.2/512 standard model). Ordered April 21, still showing June 10 for in store pickup, AppleCare hasn't even been charged yet. I could probably get a different color sooner, but I want that Gold to match my iPhone 6.

airattack111

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 9, 2008
I got the base model/silver. Not sure why it's June 10th est. for me also. I'll live I guess.

tutux

macrumors member
May 4, 2015
same here, ordered April 10th a base model then canceled and place an order for 1.2 model... scheduled un june..

Way to long to get a gadget...

jj69

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2015
If you are in the US try Tekserve in NYC. Just call and order, they have in stock. I ordered last thursday and got my awesome lil macbook that monday. Still seems to be in stock......

y4rly

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2015
same

I ordered my Macbook (Space gray, 1.2/512G) on April 15, with a 4-6 backorder. The delivery window currently shows May 21 - June 4. Hoping it arrives right on May 21, especially since all physical stores will apparently have stock by the week of May 25. I'm so looking forward to this computer--it will be a real shame if Apple doesn't deliver.

tutux

macrumors member
May 4, 2015
More than the wait, it's the fristration of seeing it available in multiple store before serving us... Grrrr

tripkeys

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2015
Well many people are getting it shipped earlier than that. Apple's estimates are always a worse case scenario.

I wish it was... ordered mine on the 13.04. and my window is 21.05.-03.06. and it still didn't ship. Can't wait for this little beauty :)

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
I wish it was... ordered mine on the 13.04. and my window is 21.05.-03.06. and it still didn't ship. Can't wait for this little beauty :)

I got my 1.3 rMB 17 days after ordering, and I ordered on April 10th. I'm in the USA, though. But many other people in my situation were originally slated to get it the 2nd week of May.

Enmanuel

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2012
Boston
I ordered my Macbook (Space gray, 1.2/512G) on April 15, with a 4-6 backorder. The delivery window currently shows May 21 - June 4. Hoping it arrives right on May 21, especially since all physical stores will apparently have stock by the week of May 25. I'm so looking forward to this computer--it will be a real shame if Apple doesn't deliver.

Same boat as you mine shows May26-June 7 delivery and I'm going crazy.

jbromer

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
MD, USA
I guess I am not picky. Bought a silver base model 256GB from Best Buy with some rewards points and a 10% movers coupon. Ordered Saturday, arrived today. Just waiting the 8 hours for the restore from Time Machine Backup...

R4ng3r

macrumors member
May 18, 2015
Singapore
Ordered on the 21 April. Status states that it will be delivered between 25 May - 8 June. I really hope it will be next week.

Leeabe

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2015
I had a June 10 delivery date for a SG but got sick of waiting. Went into my local Apple Store and they had one. The greeter guy told me I had to order online, but when I persisted he went and asked someone.

Not sure if Apple always does it this way, but I don't appreciate being told 3-5 weeks to order online for in store pick up and then going to that same store and they gave them in stock.

R4ng3r

macrumors member
May 18, 2015
Singapore
What's the odds of order status change from "processing" to "prepare for shipping" on a weekend? :)

I am expecting my order to be delivered on 25 May. My status still remains in "processing".

Robbenisland

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2015
Mine is since two day on "preparing for shipment". Any idea how longs this status normally takes before it ships?

MyopicPaideia

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2011
Sweden
Yeah, I ordered an SG 1.3/512 on May 6th with an independent distributor here in Sweden, and had an original expected delivery date of May 20th. To my utter disappointment, I got an email update on the status on Monday, and the estimated delivery date has been pushed back to June 9th now.

Big let down a couple of days before I was thinking I was going to get it, and then the email came and I thought it was going to be a shipping confirmation. :mad:

Oh well...life goes on...

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
it's silly apple did 1.3 as a CTO option given many people want a rMB but are apprehensive about the core m performance. i'm happily migrated from 2011 13" 1.7/4/128 base air to the base 1.1/8/256, light PS work and otherwise a word doc/web/media workstation

just like it's silly in my opinion apple did separate SKU's for each band (not just sport/SS/edition classes, but color, material, etc within each breadth-- what a waste of isolating thought they cleared this up with iPhones when they went universal CDMA/GSM, just like iPad solidified itself too with cellular models all-in-one)

jimboutilier

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2008
Denver
Mine is since two day on "preparing for shipment". Any idea how longs this status normally takes before it ships?

That happened to me earlier this week. Status went from Processing to Preparing to ship, then a pre-authorization went on my credit card. Then a few days later the status reverted to Processing, and the pre-auth went away on my credit card - sigh. Apple was just toying with me. ;-)

On the other hand my Digital AV adapters went from Processing to preparing to ship and a pre-authorization went on my card and two days later they shipped. They shipped on the 20th and should be here tomorrow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.