Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

squeeks

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 19, 2007
Florida
not trying to troll or anything but...

specifically why dosent yahoo game channel work?!? if i try to open it with firefox it tells me i have to use safari, and safari just dosent work with it, there are other web apps like this as well, i just dont understand why apple cant make a web browser that works correctly give me IE 7 for mac:mad:

TAV

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2006
not trying to troll or anything but...

specifically why dosent yahoo game channel work?!? safari just dosent work with it, mac:mad:

Huh?

11111.jpg

I assume you can tell that this is in Safari and also current...

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
It works fine for me. You probably broke something, so why don't you just explain to us what it is your doing exactly, and what exactly it says or what the problem is.

Secondly, why don't you bash FireFox either? It's not working?

Third, it's not Apple's job to port Internet Explorer. Besides, most people consider it a blessing that the Mac is rid of IE.

applefan69

macrumors 6502a
Oct 9, 2007
LOL!!! ROFL COPTERS!! OMG!! hahahhahha

did you just say "gimme IE 7 for mac :("?

ROFL WAFFLES!!!! LOLLERCOASTER!!

*rolls on roof laughing*

seriously... you think Safari is bad... Internet Explorer is the most retarded and ****ED up browser I've ever used. About 60% of the page you load the "errors on page" icon appears. Internet Explorer can't handle crap.

It's only good thing is it's relatively stable... but still.... Safari PWNS IE!

TimJim

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2007
what are you talking about
btw IE sucks...

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 174

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
try Camino

Netscape 9 is kindof nice too, although even with all these browsers installed, I still use Safari 99% of the time.

Picture 3.png

Safari 3 FTW!

EDIT: Continuing my previous thought... I think between Netscape 9 and FireFox, which are based on similar underpinnings, Netscape has a nicer interface on the Mac.

Picture 4.png

TAV

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2006
You Demi-Gods figure it out. He was viewing his own misguided thread as if a minute ago.

martinmartin

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2007
Some web pages do not work properly for me.

Espn NFL is one of them

Is this fixable?

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    374.7 KB · Views: 92

squeeks

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 19, 2007
Florida
wow, first let me say i am surprised at how much attention this thread has gotten in the past 45 minutes...so let me see if i can respond to some of your replies...

FIRST

game channel seems to be weird, YES the MLB section works, but i could care less about MLB the issue is with the College Football section where i get this

game.png

Next, to elaborate my point on some of safari's faults, there are several vB forums where safari loses the user cookie and logs you out on browser close, boards.cruisecritic.com is one of these if you want an example...

no i did not abandon this thread(god wait more than 45 minutes before suggesting it:rolleyes:), ive been doing other things, putting my ibook up for sale, and actually watching the VA Tech BC game since i cant game channel it on my mac

i am using safari 3.0.3 and no it dosent work on 2.0.4 either

thats a nice lol copter ive never heard of that before

so..any other ideas as to why safari fails at these simple tasks?

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
so..any other ideas as to why safari fails at these simple tasks?

One idea that comes to mind is the clearly stated requirement for Windows. It probably makes heavy use of Active-X. For that reason, I feel no sympathy. Instead of complaining to Apple about Safari, you should complain to Yahoo! about their web standards.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.