Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

msevild

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
Schaumburg
Wondering who else is having issues with the messaging app locking up. I first tried rebooting the device, then resetting all settings, and last I did a clean install of iOS 8 beta 2 using the IPSW from the developer portal. It definitely does not seem to have to do with the data that was on the device as it locks up post restore without bringing any data back to it. I have an iPhone 5 on Verizon.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Wondering who else is having issues with the messaging app locking up. I first tried rebooting the device, then resetting all settings, and last I did a clean install of iOS 8 beta 2 using the IPSW from the developer portal. It definitely does not seem to have to do with the data that was on the device as it locks up post restore without bringing any data back to it. I have an iPhone 5 on Verizon.

Try turning off iMessages and waiting and turning it back on.

I'm also on iphone 5 on verizon and it is working for me.

msevild

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
Schaumburg
I think I figured it out. For me at least it seems to be consistent in relation to hiding/showing the predictive text box. If I hide the box and attempt to type the app locks up. When I go back in the box is now in it's "hidden" state and will lock the app up pretty quick or at least when switching to emoji keyboard (since it attempts to change the position of the predictive text field as it is not needed by the emoji keyboard). My fix so far has been to go in the app and quickly swipe up on the predictive text field box, the app will lock up, but when I close it out in the app switcher and go back in the predictive text box pops up and the app acts normal again.

ziggie216

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2008
Have the same issue, but only for some contacts. I see what you mean by the hidden box. For those that has the predictive box, it doest freeze. For those that doesn't have it, it freeze. I cant even see the border for some so I cant swipe up for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.