Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

circassian777

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2013
Hello

Updated today my Haswell MBA to Mavericks GM and found out a weird colors issue in the new system
First i realized that all the red colors (how it seems to me) became darker
Secondly i found that in safari or any other system app occurs colors are different as it was on 10.8.5 and seem to be too saturated or dark (especially RED color)

But when i use chrome or opera all the colors are good as under 10.8.5

You can see difference in uploaded files (good one is chrome.jpeg)

Any ideas?

Attachments

• chrome.jpeg
    chrome.jpeg
    234.5 KB · Views: 821
  • system.jpeg
    system.jpeg
    222 KB · Views: 767

circassian777

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2013
Yeah I got it :)

But What's the problem?

Images look right only in chrome.

All the images I open in mac os and all the icons look weird as it is on the left picture.

on 10.8.5 colors was as on the right picture : (

five04

macrumors member
Dec 11, 2003
Charlotte, North Carolina
I updated my Mac mini connected through my TV as well as my 2011 MBA yesterday. The saturation seems different on both compared to 10.8 so you're not going crazy. Something has definitely changed with the color profiles.

angelus01

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2013
I updated my Mac mini connected through my TV as well as my 2011 MBA yesterday. The saturation seems different on both compared to 10.8 so you're not going crazy. Something has definitely changed with the color profiles.

its seems darker to me.....

munakib

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2011
Exactly the same here,

I dont think its a problem more like they used a different default color profile. I have a samsung display and the red looks darker/contrast-ier - the samsung already displayed better contrast/color saturation than its LG counterpart.

I am not sure how I feel about it yet.

Funny how its more Red/contrast on Safari and not so on Chrome/Firefox!

kappaknight

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2009
Atlanta, GA
It's definitely been recalibrated - maybe even closer to iOS 7.

I have noticed my Firefox and VM Ware dock icons a bit more rich. I guess the rest of them are too. I like it though - haven't checked out red stuff in Safari yet.

circassian777

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2013
I tried to replace my color profile by the one from 10.8.5 from time machine but nothing changes.

Seems like it is not about color profile, probably Apple changed all the shades of colors or smith.

But i am 100 percent sure that in chrome colors look much better.

Don't know how to fix it :)

Risco

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2010
United Kingdom
Yes, they have adjusted the default saturation level. This seems hard coded as but I actually prefer it as it makes thing "pop" more.

keigo

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2006
I just use Spyder to recalibrate and everything back to the correct color.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.