Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pelesit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 10, 2010
HEY!

I just wanted to ask how many versions of Apple TV where out there?

I thin there where two, someone sais there was only one?`

Can someone show me a link where I can see how many where...

Thx

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008
Not sure about a link, but there was only one version of the hardware with two different hard drive options and three software versions.

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
The hardware has not changed since it was demoed 4 years ago (outside of a slightly larger 120gb hard drive). The software has seen some nice updates, 3x.

The hardware needs the most attention, and it seems it will finally get it, along with iOS.

Pelesit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 10, 2010
But one time Steve said that they made everthing wrong with Apple TV and intruduced a new Apple TV, or am i wrong?

Whas it just a software uppdate??

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
But one time Steve said that they made everthing wrong with Apple TV and intruduced a new Apple TV, or am i wrong?

Whas it just a software uppdate??

Yep, just software 2.0 with rentals. It was wrong too.

iOS with apps and channels would be amazing.

mchalebk

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2008
Other than hard drive size (40 GB and 160 GB), the hardware never changed. When AppleTV 2 was announced, there were a lot of people under the impression that the hardware was changing, but they were mistaken. All updates were software only (once again, other than adding the second HD option).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.