Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pugdawg1

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 4, 2004
Elko, Nevada
Since I've found this awesome site, I thought I'd ask another question. I am here on my imac g4, and I prefer to use Netscape 7.2 to putter around on the net. I am on a couple other forums that look very much like this one, with the little tool bar for the font, and the yellow box to insert a picture, put in a link, etc. But I apparently am not doing something correct when I want to insert a picture into a post. I am on a pug dog forum and often there are times when I'd like to insert a picture of my little snorters in a post. Do I click on the picture (in their photo album they have online), and then click Copy Image Location?
Not sure if that is right or wrong.
I have tried highlighting the http etc line, then clicking copy, then coming back, clicking on the yellow box. But then a box come down saying Enter the Text to be Formatted, but it wont let me go back to Edit to select Paste while that box is there. I'm just curious what I am doing wrong?

evil_santa

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2003
London, England
you can click on the inset image icon
insertimage.gif
and input the url of the image you want to show, or use the Attach Files box below "Submit Rely" button.

I put my images onto my .mac web folder then use the insert image method.

your file will be something like file:///Volumes/yourname/Sites/image.jpg

& its url will be http://homepage.mac.com/yourname/image.jpg

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
If i use "Grab" to post an image of the desktop it saves it as a TIFF file, how do i go about changing it so i can post it on the site :confused: :eek:

Capt Underpants

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2003
Austin, Texas
puckhead193 said:
If i use "Grab" to post an image of the desktop it saves it as a TIFF file, how do i go about changing it so i can post it on the site :confused: :eek:

Open it in graphic converter and save it as a jpeg instead of a tiff. Make sure that, under options, the the size of the picture can be no more than 99 Kb.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
puckhead193 said:

...or better: use Preview which you'll find in the Dock (or Applications if you have dragged it of the Dock).

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
evil_santa said:
you can click on the inset image icon
insertimage.gif
and input the url of the image you want to show, or use the Attach Files box below "Submit Rely" button.

I put my images onto my .mac web folder then use the insert image method.

your file will be something like file:///Volumes/yourname/Sites/image.jpg

& its url will be http://homepage.mac.com/yourname/image.jpg

My wife uses her .Mac a lot to store images and picture. Using slideshow is awesome.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Dont Hurt Me said:
I enjoyed it just a lil fun ......wish there was a easy to do it on a PC.

On a PC, the easiest way to get a web-friendly screen dump is this:

Grab the screen to the clipboard with the print screen key, and then open MS Paint and paste it in and save it as a JPEG. Actually I find it somewhat easier than the standard MacOS way, since you don't have to go through a PDF intermediary really... I guess I could just keep a paint program handy that I could drop the image into on my Mac from the clipboard, but MS Paint does load very very fast. This in itself is a good reason to drop Paint into the quick launch icon segment of the start bar....

Or were you talking about making fun of newbies, cuz I think that's just as easy from a Mac as from a PC? :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.