Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jinx1000

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
I figured something out today that made my day.
Whenever I would send a meeting request to my gmail account through Outlook I would get an unusable .ics file. I would have to go to gmail on a PC to accept the invite.

Fix...
If you double click on the gmail address in the meeting invite, and change the Internet Format option from "Let Outlook Decide the Meeting Format" to "Send Using Outlook Rich Text Format" the iPhone will autoaccept the invitation. You can set up a contact in Outlook so you don't have to do this every time.

I know this won't work if you are getting invites from others, but if you use it the way I do then it is great. Not really a hack, but this is where I kept looking for the solution.

spamdumpster

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2008
Nothing that I will use, but it's pretty cool to solve a problem that's been bothering you for a long time, huh? I know the feeling. It's awesome.

jinx1000

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
I forward all of my important calendar events to my phone. My Droid would autoaccept but my IPhone would not. Nice to finally get it to work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.