Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

samuellaw178

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2010
Hi there! I accidentally dropped my iphone 3GS from the table on its side and now it is cracked. However, everything seems fine; the screen still functions perfectly when I touch them. The only thing is that the screen cracks which doesn't look nice. So, do I need to buy a digitizer along with the outer glass screen?I read somewhere that the digitizer converts analog signal into digital one. But since my touch screen still works perfectly, do I still need to replace it?
Thank you very much in advanced!I tried searching on googles and on the forum but cant seem to get my question answered. :( What do I need to buy to replace it?

Gadgetgeezer

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2009
You need to replace the whole digitizer. You cannot change just the glass - doesn't work like that. If you do it, be careful since I have to fix alot of people's mistakes!!!!

Regards

Spencer

chargit

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2010
Evansville, In
you need the entire touch screen. you are better off taking your phone to a repair shop. if you dont know what you are doing you could cause some expensive damage to your phone like Spencer said. and dont trust the parts off ebay. they are junk and dont work most of the time. they are made very cheaply.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.