Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
Man I want to throw this thing against the wall sometimes...

All of a sudden, it's saying "Searching..." and then "No Service". I have a MicroCell 3G which has been working fine, plus my wife's iPhone 3G is working just fine in the same house (over MicroCell).

I tried restarting the phone and also resetting the network settings. No luck.

The phone is jailbroken/unlocked.

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
It was the stupid MicroCell. I unplugged it and it fixed the problem immediately. Damn what a waste of $150 that was.

Lolli

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2011
No service!!!

I have iPhone 4, it was working just fine..no I have a problem: it keeps searching for the network and then says no network..it was open to clean from inside..how can I fix the problem?

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
I have iPhone 4, it was working just fine..no I have a problem: it keeps searching for the network and then says no network..it was open to clean from inside..how can I fix the problem?

Take it back to the guy that worked on it. :confused:

Lolli

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2011
And tell him what?? The signal keeps appearing and disappearing..please help me on this issue

klo-mac

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

How u unlocked it?

ShionoyaTamaki

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2011
This happened to my iPhone3G after i dropped it.

the sim card slot got loose and wasn't touching the contact pins. If i squeeze the case a bit and turn airplane mode on/off it gets signal again.

this might be your problem, but there other various causes.

s.a.dale cooper

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Does it say no service when you Are not holding it? I noticed that when i am hOlding my iphone 4s in my left hand,and my thumb and or hand are covering the bottom left antenna i lose reception rather quickly,and then when i move my finger or hOld the phone differently i have no problems...i thought they said they solved antenna gate??? :(:(:(

ShionoyaTamaki

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2011
iphone4S has two antenna one at the top and bottom. It switches back and forth depending on which is stronger or how u hold.

are you in an area where your reception is shaky to begin with like 0-1bars? Not that the bars is a poor representation of actual signal strength. It is just there to simplify it for most consumers.

DroidRules

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2010
Because it doesn't have service...... not THAT hard to figure out.

It was the stupid MicroCell. I unplugged it and it fixed the problem immediately. Damn what a waste of $150 that was.

What did you spend $150 on? I got my MC for free..... don't even use it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.