Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goltar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Marseille
Hi everyone, a few months ago some nice burglars broke into my flat and stole my precious computer. Fortunately the insurance covered and I managed to buy myself a new one. Just that, of course, I didn't have the time to make a back up of my photos and the only copies I dispose of are in my iPod. I've seen a few applications there that will uncover the precious treasure... But you gotta pay kinda thirty something dollars!!! Is there a free app am missing? :confused:

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
Hi everyone, a few months ago some nice burglars broke into my flat and stole my precious computer. Fortunately the insurance covered and I managed to buy myself a new one. Just that, of course, I didn't have the time to make a back up of my photos and the only copies I dispose of are in my iPod. I've seen a few applications there that will uncover the precious treasure... But you gotta pay kinda thirty something dollars!!! Is there a free app am missing? :confused:

If they are precious, then you should have no problem paying the $30.

Googlyhead

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2010
You don't say what iPod, or what computer. But;

In most cases it's pretty simple; the iOS devices have a DCIM folder just like a camera, from which you can just drag them out. Other iPods you can navigate by simply enabling disk use.
Failing anything else, when you sync an iPhone or touch (can't say for sure regarding the others), it's a two way operation.

http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=7953729

logandzwon

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2007
If you mean that the pictures WERE on your iPod and you deleted them... you might be able to recover them.

Do do it yourself you have to build a custom restore package that boots front he from a ramdisk and lets you DD the whole flash part ion off the device, then run forensics software on the image to extract deleted files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.