Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Just bought my otterbox defender and I love it. Only thing is I can't find anyone or anything on google that has tried cleaning out the inside of the case by either running some water on it or what. I'm not sure if it'll ruin the film membrane or something of that sort.

Basicly I just want to know what people do to clean theirs out. A microfiber cloth just doesn't cut it for getting in all the nooks and crannies.

Thanks in advance for any tips and advice. :)

Raegor

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2010
Inside of the case???? I use a baby wipe sometime for all the dust on the outside...

TITNTUFF

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2010
West Louisiana
I use dishwashing liquid to wash the rubber part by hand. A damp microfiber cloth and a little rinse with tap water for the hard shell..
Mine's over a year old and going strong. Saved the phone quite a few times.

iammike1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2007
O'fallon IL
I'm just disappointed that dirt can get all the way inside on such a heavily built case when my Speck Candyshell manages to keep the dirt from getting in behind the case.

All they would have to do is use something to put a seal around the open holes so that dirt may get on the open areas but would not be able to get deep inside the case where it can cause damage.

Reactions: brl

mad-dog-one

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2009
I remove the phone and use soap and water to clean the rubber and plastic parts of the case. Dry them, add a dash of baby powder to the inside of the clear screen protector and reassemble.

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Thanks for all the responses. I was just trying to figure out if it was safe to use some soap and water on it and I guess it is. :) thanks again

brl

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2017
I'm just disappointed that dirt can get all the way inside on such a heavily built case when my Speck Candyshell manages to keep the dirt from getting in behind the case.

All they would have to do is use something to put a seal around the open holes so that dirt may get on the open areas but would not be able to get deep inside the case where it can cause damage.[/QUOTE

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.