Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MaxMike

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 6, 2009
My friend just got a 1.25GHz MDD but he says he is having problems with it. He says that when he starts it up, his mouse light (sensor) flickers and the keyboard does not work. The only way to fix this is to unplug and replug in the peripherals. He also tried on his Studio Display connected via ADC and the same thing happens. Could a PCI USB card help his problems or is there some way to fix the current USB ports? :confused:

MacForScience

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2010
USA
My friend just got a 1.25GHz MDD but he says he is having problems with it. He says that when he starts it up, his mouse light (sensor) flickers and the keyboard does not work. The only way to fix this is to unplug and replug in the peripherals. He also tried on his Studio Display connected via ADC and the same thing happens. Could a PCI USB card help his problems or is there some way to fix the current USB ports? :confused:

So if the USB ports are known to be fine ie if you plug other devices in and they work without a hitch why wouldn't you assume the keyboard and/or mouse may be going bad?

Cheers

MaxMike

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 6, 2009
So if the USB ports are known to be fine ie if you plug other devices in and they work without a hitch why wouldn't you assume the keyboard and/or mouse may be going bad?

Cheers

We never plugged in any other devices; the keyboard is a <6 month old Apple Wired Aluminum Keyboard, and the mouse is about the same age Macally ice mouse. Both of these peripherals were working fine on his iMac G4. Also, we plugged a Belkin 4-port PCI USB card in and the problems are not apparent here when using that expansion card.

max¥¥

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2008
Over there....
We never plugged in any other devices; the keyboard is a <6 month old Apple Wired Aluminum Keyboard, and the mouse is about the same age Macally ice mouse. Both of these peripherals were working fine on his iMac G4. Also, we plugged a Belkin 4-port PCI USB card in and the problems are not apparent here when using that expansion card.

so i call that the usb controller is dead so keep using the usb card, prob solved

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.