Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macdot

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 22, 2005
Quick CS5 question... can I move all of the apps into a different folder? Not a fan of having a dozen Adobe application folders at the top of my main Applications folder.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
I recently did that and it seemed to work, but I returned to status quo, as some applications might get confused, if they are not in the Applications folder.

But I get what you mean, Adobe takes up quite a lot of visual real estate for their applications.

Why don't they have one Adobe folder where all that stuff goes into?

FourCandles

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2009
England
Not tried it, but I think it may cause problems with Auto-update (or whatever the Adobe updater is called now), as it may expect to find apps in the default location.

And, ironically, there is a folder within my Applications folder just called "Adobe", but it currently just contains Adobe Help, AdobePatchFiles and Flash Player.

macdot

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 22, 2005
It wouldn't be that hard for them to put everything in that Adobe folder, no?

(Ironically enough, this is the opposite problem I have with iWork installing into a folder instead of straight into the Applications folder)

sTEALtooth

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2013
Choose different on install

Unfortunately, reinstalling is the best option for this. I moved my CS3 apps into the Adobe folder and got the "application has moved" error every time I opened an app, but when I installed CS6 on my laptop, I remembered to choose a different folder and it worked fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.