Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ingster

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 2, 2007
Leeds, UK
Hello all, i've got a question, i have an apple iPod HiFi and i love it, it sounds great even now!

My only niggle is that unless i use my old 5.5 gen ipod i cannot charge my devices (eg iPhone).

What i was thinking is this - is there a company (in the UK) that changes out old style dock ports for new ones so i can charge my other devices with it?

Thanks!

mc-hokie

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2010
Try the Insignia Bluetooth Adapter, NS-BT300f...it fits on the dock connector of the Hi-Fi, or other docks, and leave the iPhone/iPod plugged in elsewhere to charge.

I use this, and it works great.

Arran

macrumors 601
Mar 7, 2008
Atlanta, USA
Try the Insignia Bluetooth Adapter, NS-BT300f...it fits on the dock connector of the Hi-Fi, or other docks, and leave the iPhone/iPod plugged in elsewhere to charge.

I use this, and it works great.

That's a great idea - I'd forgotten about that. Thing is, I don't think they're made any more. I bought a NS-BT300F in Best Buy on clearance for $5 about a year ago. I haven't seen them instore since, but maybe there's something similar?

I love my Hi-Fi and won't give it up. Nowadays, it mostly plays streaming via an AirPort Express. I also tried it through my aTV2 at the weekend (optical out) and that worked fine too. I wish I had a second Hi-Fi!

briansolomon

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
Oh my God! This is amazing! I have been halfway trying to sell my Hifi to upgrade to a Bose Sounddock 10 (the only thing comparable that I've heard) but didn't really want to. I paid for $100 for an open box Hifi years ago and nothing has come close to the quality/value. Thank you so much for this thread.

92jlee

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2009
Cardiff, Wales, UK
That's a great idea - I'd forgotten about that. Thing is, I don't think they're made any more. I bought a NS-BT300F in Best Buy on clearance for $5 about a year ago. I haven't seen them instore since, but maybe there's something similar?

I love my Hi-Fi and won't give it up. Nowadays, it mostly plays streaming via an AirPort Express. I also tried it through my aTV2 at the weekend (optical out) and that worked fine too. I wish I had a second Hi-Fi!

I know I just revived a dead thread but does anyone know a product similar to the Insignia Bluetooth Adapter?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.