Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vincentliu89

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2010
Ok so I just updated my iphone 4 4.0.2 to 4.1 with tinyumbrella backing up my shsh. Once i updated it, I jailbroken it with limera1n, unlocked it with ultrasn0w.

Now the problem is, I go to settings > general > network > and i see cellular data on/off, but I dont see the cellular data edit the settings option I normally would be able to see(like entering apn and stuff), I also dont have the MMS bubble on text messages. How come? Help? (I'm using tmobile btw)

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Ok so I just updated my iphone 4 4.0.2 to 4.1 with tinyumbrella backing up my shsh. Once i updated it, I jailbroken it with limera1n, unlocked it with ultrasn0w.

Now the problem is, I go to settings > general > network > and i see cellular data on/off, but I dont see the cellular data edit the settings option I normally would be able to see(like entering apn and stuff), I also dont have the MMS bubble on text messages. How come? Help? (I'm using tmobile btw)

Well for MMS you have to manually set the correct server names into the MMS field. Also, be sure to have MMS enabled in the settings.

Also, the name for editing cellular data servers, it's APN settings.

vincentliu89

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2010
as you can see below, i dont have the option to edit my apn, how to fix this? I tried restoring it, it didnt fix the problem.

2e1fv5t.png

swoosh0217

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2007
NW
You need to go to Cydia and add this source: cydia.xsellize.com

Then download: Supreme prefs 4.0 open winterboard and enable it.

Then go to settings, and enable cellular data editing, then the tab will be there.

melterx12

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2010
i had this problem too. its because your iPhone is using the AT&T US carrier.plist, which has APN editing disabled.

To fix, go to the Carrier Bundles folder on your iphone through SSH (i beleive its someething like /User/Library/Carrier Bundles), you will se folders for lots of carriers, go to the "Uknown" folder, copy the carrier.plist file in that folder and paste it into the "AT&T_US" folder (it will ask if you want to over write the carrier.plist that already exists in AT&T_US, say yes). then restart the iphone and problem solved.

vincentliu89

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2010
swoosh0217

There was no supreme pref 4.0, there was 3.0

melterx12

i did what u said and nothing happened

ahh i dont know what to do.

lapeno

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2010
Hi

I am also having this problem. I have enabled supreme pref 3.0 in winterboard but still cannot see any apn settings. As for the carrier.plist file, in the folder carrier bundle there is no other folders but only 4 files including the carrier.plist file.

to melterx12 : Could you please let me have your plist file.

Thanks

Bijiont

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2010
Have you tried unlockit.co.nz

Granted it won't get your APN edit back but you can at least modify your APN settings pretty easy.

When I got my unlocked iPhone 4 I had to do this in order to get my data working again. Just as long as you have some type of internet access such as wifi then your set.

lapeno

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2010
tried unlockit.co.nz from my iphone. installed and set previously working apn but still no luck.

Edit : just rebooted the phone and now data works. Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.