Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pmer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2010
I am attempting to modify the given template CHECKING ACCOUNT REGISTER in Numbers. I have figured everything out except how to modify the "Category" column where a drop-down menu is given for several recurring items (Home/Gas/Food/etc.) that are to be entered in that column.

I would like to find how to create such a column or to be able to modify the one provided in the template.

The TRANSACTIONS table is linked to the ACCOUNT CATEGORIES table which is linked to the CHART. That is intact and working as it should, but I have been unable to alter the column CATEGORY so that the drop down items will be ones that I want to use. Having the drop-down menu insures proper itemization in the linked ACCOUNT CATEGORIES table where typos are avoided as a result.

The PDF manual was of little help (to me anyway) in addressing this seemingly simple alteration.

pmer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2010
Found The Answer

In case anyone else has the same difficulty I found the solution and it is very easy.

Use "INSPECTOR", click "SPELL INSPECTOR" (box w/#42 in it), then let intuition take over. You have the option of the normal percentage, currency and so on, then lower down there is an option for "POP-UP MENU." Take it from there, you can change the existing pop-ups (double click) or add new ones or delete existing ones by hitting the + or - below.

One caution, if you are using this particular template, when entering new items in the ACCOUNT CATEGORIES table make sure the formulas in the "B" column are stated properly (matching cell item that you want to record). Also when typing your items for the drop-down menu make sure that they are typed exactly as written in the ACCOUNT CATEGORIES table.

basie1955

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2004
What a relief

Thank You! Could not figure it out. What do you mean by 'formulas in the B column?

base

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.