Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kestrel452

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
Let's say for instance I bough Flight Track Pro for my iPod Touch last year, and then bough an iPad. Would I have to re-buy the app to put it on my iPad? When I look at the pictures for a lot of the app i got, they look really different on the iPad than it does on the iTouch. Really confused on how this works.

Don Kosak

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2010
Hilo, Hawaii
Every single App you bought on your iPod Touch will work on your iPad.

If they are iPod/iPhone Apps, they can be 2x zoomed.

If they are Universal Apps, they will fill the screen, and probably contain extra content and features on the iPad (like Popovers, SplitView, etc.)

The only apps that might not work are apps that require a GPS (on WiFi only iPad) or a Camera.

Robster606

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2010
New Zealand
When purchasing games on the app store. If they have the little + in the corner of the price tag, the app is made for both iPhones and iPads, so if you've bought the same app on iPhone, it's free on your iPad. If the game you want is the so called "HD" version and/or costs more, you'll have to pay. :cool:

Pine Pienaar

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2010
When purchasing games on the app store. If they have the little + in the corner of the price tag, the app is made for both iPhones and iPads, so if you've bought the same app on iPhone, it's free on your iPad. If the game you want is the so called "HD" version and/or costs more, you'll have to pay. :cool:

That's what I like about the Apps that can largely be shared between my Ipad and Iphone.

Another great store is Amazon where books bought can be read on my PC, IPad and Iphone at no extra cost.
Regards

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.