Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook

Old Nov 8, 2010, 10:41 PM   #1
AMT Tech
macrumors newbie

Macbook Headphone Jack

Hey, I have a 2009 macbook with version 10.6.4, 2.13 GHz intel core 2 duo processor and a 2 GB MHz DDR2 SDRAM memory. Last week I was using to play music through an auditorium sound system and it sounded strange. The next day I had lost sound through the right side of my head phone jack. The left side is good along with the speaker. Any ideas on how to fix it?
AMT Tech is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2010, 01:12 PM   #2
stridemat

I wouldn't of thought this was software related. Does it do the same if you use headphones? Does sound still only come out of one headphone?
Old Nov 9, 2010, 08:22 PM   #3
AMT Tech
macrumors newbie

yes, I've tried different headphone and it's the same. I only get sound out of the left side.
AMT Tech is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2012, 04:48 AM   #4
Rakesh.Raul
macrumors newbie

i faced same issue recently i have also tried different headphones, but with all i got same output left side with loud sound.

Problem was some how sound balance was changed and it was high on left side. So check sound balance before any other test.
Rakesh.Raul is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2012, 04:56 AM   #5
Macman45
macrumors G5

A jack plug could also be responsible for this...Causing a short on there inside of the MB's input socket...It's not an easy thing to get at...Some people have had success by gently (and I mean GENTLY) bending the plug when it's in the Mac....Be careful and just move it a little. If you hear sound return to the dead channel you know the contacts inside need adjustment...If you have any Applecare that's the place to go...They are damned hard to get to, even if you feel confident enough to tackle the job yourself.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook

Tags
headphone jack, macbook