Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GLS

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
Hi all-

After much deliberation, I finally broke down this morning and signed up for a MobileMe trial account. After playing around with it for an hour or so, I decided that it was worth having, but for my wife and daughter as well.

I found a reseller on Ebay and purchased a boxed family pack. Seller did not email me the code, but will ship me the box.

When I get the box...what exactly is the upgrade procedure...because I've read conflicting information on a variety of sites (including this forum). Entering the code is straightforward....however, my account shows trial (single user). If I enter the code, will it reflect that my account is part of a family pack? I have this fear that I will enter the code...and it will still show just an annual subscription for myself.

Plus, there is this info listed in my account:

To add more storage or upgrade to a Family Pack, you must convert your trial account to a paid subscription. Any time left in your free trial will not carry over.

Losing the trial period I understand, but the convert to paid subscription is what has me questioning this.

Maybe I'm just overthinking all of this.

Many thanks to those who reply.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C134 Safari/6533.18.5)

The code converts from trial to paid subscription. Your email will be the primary account. You then add up to four more sub accounts.

Www.me.com/activate

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
just log in go to your account and there is a place to enter activation code an it will show a family membership when it goes through.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.