Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rumel1988

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2010
hello all
I want know that, is here any way to create iOS 4.2.1 custom ipsw for avoid baseband update. i'm in windows platform? I don't have a mac! so cant use PwnageTool for this task. :(
thanks a ton in advance. :)

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
hello all
I want know that, is here any way to create iOS 4.2.1 custom ipsw for avoid baseband update. i'm in windows platform? I don't have a mac! so cant use PwnageTool for this task. :(
thanks a ton in advance. :)

PwnageTool is pretty much the only way, unless you download a custom ipsw from the web. PwnageTool hasn't been updated yet so there won't be any custom ipsw files of the new iOS floating around yet.

rumel1988

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2010
PwnageTool is pretty much the only way, unless you download a custom ipsw from the web. PwnageTool hasn't been updated yet so there won't be any custom ipsw files of the new iOS floating around yet.

thanks for ur reply. :)
is sn0wbreeze work instead of PwnageTool? i know sn0wbreeze also has custom ipsw made capability.

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
thanks for ur reply. :)
is sn0wbreeze work instead of PwnageTool? i know sn0wbreeze also has custom ipsw made capability.

I wouldn't recommend using Sn0wbreeze. Downloading a custom ipsw from a site you can at least trust is better than using Sn0wbreeze. Stay as far away as you can from that.

PwnageTool is much more stable. Do you know anyone with a Mac?

rumel1988

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2010
I wouldn't recommend using Sn0wbreeze. Downloading a custom ipsw from a site you can at least trust is better than using Sn0wbreeze. Stay as far away as you can from that.

PwnageTool is much more stable. Do you know anyone with a Mac?

thanks.
is Sn0wbreeze too buggy for that? ;D
I don't have any mac also don't have any friend with mac. :( so I stuck??
since one month onward I use my iPhone like as a iPod! (BB02.10.04)! now ultrasn0w(1.2) also make me cry! :"( Have u any idea when ultrasn0w released for 02.10.04BB?
and is there any site to download custom ipsw for iPhone 4? :) or can anyone it made for me & upload to mediafire(my connection too slow), mentionable that I'm from Bangladesh. :)

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
thanks.
is Sn0wbreeze too buggy for that? ;D
I don't have any mac also don't have any friend with mac. :( so I stuck??
since one month onward I use my iPhone like as a iPod! (BB02.10.04)! now ultrasn0w(1.2) also make me cry! :"( Have u any idea when ultrasn0w released for 02.10.04BB?
and is there any site to download custom ipsw for iPhone 4? :) or can anyone it made for me & upload to mediafire(my connection too slow), mentionable that I'm from Bangladesh. :)

Exactly. Sn0wbreeze is like a Ford Pinto (one of the worst cars ever made).

For now, yes you are stuck until another updated revision is available for the iPhone 4.

There are plenty of sites with custom ipsw files.

chargit

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2010
Evansville, In
I have looked at several links and they are all apple not custom. so if you find a custom ipsw on a website please post the like so we can see it not in a pm. Thanks

lunar1

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2010
I was on firmware 4.1 with a baseband of 02.10.04 on my I4 and tried the tinyumbrella trick with that big disclaimer on their website telling me not to and I was able to upgrade to 4.2.1 and still preserve my original baseband and not let it upgrade to 03.10.01. I dont know about any previous firmwares or basebands before 4.1 but it worked for me. I was suprised that it actually worked. I'll try to get an image on here but I went through all the steps and got a 1013 error on itunes while it was updating. I closed it out and had TU kick it out of recovery mode and boom instant 4.2.1 on 02.10.04

Heres the link to the photo
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56536263@N03/5222808068/

sm86

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2008
I was on firmware 4.1 with a baseband of 02.10.04 on my I4 and tried the tinyumbrella trick with that big disclaimer on their website telling me not to and I was able to upgrade to 4.2.1 and still preserve my original baseband and not let it upgrade to 03.10.01. I dont know about any previous firmwares or basebands before 4.1 but it worked for me. I was suprised that it actually worked. I'll try to get an image on here but I went through all the steps and got a 1013 error on itunes while it was updating. I closed it out and had TU kick it out of recovery mode and boom instant 4.2.1 on 02.10.04

Heres the link to the photo
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56536263@N03/5222808068/

what TU version did you use to do this? Did you save your shh blobs before hand? Was it on the server? Please let us know how you were able to do this!! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.