Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Nov 28, 2010, 03:46 AM   #1
tucker61
macrumors regular

Tap Zoo - In app purchases

Just found that my daughter has spent over 150.00 on in app purchases on the above game, is their any way to cancel or get out of these purchases?
tucker61 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2011, 09:09 AM   #2
Drucifer
macrumors regular

Maybe your App Store account was compromised like the folks from this thread. These poor folks had their accounts hacked then sold so others could use them to their hearts content to purchase tons of In App Content for a different game.

Although it is possible your kids made the purchase and it just showed up now. I received an e-mail from Apple yesterday for a few purchases I made a day or two before that.
Drucifer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2011, 12:36 AM   #3
Slaptastic
macrumors newbie

I am a little ambivalent on this...

I can understand the frustration of a parent finding a huge bill just for letting the little ones play a game for a while, but I don't think the ability for in-app purchases should be removed entirely.
If anything, games should include more safeguards to prevent these kinds of purchases so easily.
With games constantly becoming more and more complex, I think it's only a matter of time before we start seeing an entirely different caliber of games for Apple portable devices (e.g. Infinity Blade). With that, I'm actually looking forward to some high quality games that will be available for free that will be supported by in-app purchases. I fell in love with this system when I started playing a PC MMORPG called Runes of Magic. When I wanted to be a little more uber, I could drop a few dollars in the store. Otherwise, I just played the game for free.
Slaptastic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2011, 08:44 AM   #4
Drucifer
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaptastic View Post
I can understand the frustration of a parent finding a huge bill just for letting the little ones play a game for a while, but I don't think the ability for in-app purchases should be removed entirely.
If anything, games should include more safeguards to prevent these kinds of purchases so easily.
With games constantly becoming more and more complex, I think it's only a matter of time before we start seeing an entirely different caliber of games for Apple portable devices (e.g. Infinity Blade). With that, I'm actually looking forward to some high quality games that will be available for free that will be supported by in-app purchases. I fell in love with this system when I started playing a PC MMORPG called Runes of Magic. When I wanted to be a little more uber, I could drop a few dollars in the store. Otherwise, I just played the game for free.
While the device already has an option in the settings to disable In App Purchases. The issue is Apple should do more to inform parents of this setting so parents don't learn about it after their child spent $200+ on In App Purchases by a mistake.

There are a number of games where I purchased In App content, 100 Rogues and BIT.TRIP.BEAT to name a couple, and I don't have an issue with it myself. The problem is developers who have In App Purchases for in came currency with prices as high as $99.99. I don't know anyone in their right mind who would pay $100 for money they can only use in the game. Apple should set a limit to how high devs can charge for In App Purchases or review the purchased content before accepting it. If it adds to the application than it can be allowed but if it is only in game money Apple shouldn't allow it. I mean don't they have a review team for a reason?
Drucifer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2011, 02:59 PM   #5
tucker61
macrumors regular

Apple must share the blame for these issues.
If you buy a game from iTunes and enter your password. The system remembers your password, I think for appr 15 minutes, so in that time the kids can download anything they want.
Apple need to smarten the process up and remove these apps.
I remember at one when ios4 was announced with in app purchases apple said that free apps would always be free and you would not be charged for in app purchases.
tucker61 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2011, 10:38 PM   #6
ssdeg7
macrumors 6502a

I disabled In-app purchases and use an account with no money for free downloads, so there's no possible way of getting charged by those means.
ssdeg7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2012, 11:17 AM   #7
sully12
macrumors newbie

Has everyone received reimbursement for unauthorized purchases regarding Tap Zoo? My daughter unknowingly purchased $300 of gems & coins. I emailed itunes but street wise labs cannot be contacted. Can anyone help me?
sully12 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2012, 10:30 PM   #8
ViperDesign
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully12 View Post
Has everyone received reimbursement for unauthorized purchases regarding Tap Zoo? My daughter unknowingly purchased $300 of gems & coins. I emailed itunes but street wise labs cannot be contacted. Can anyone help me?
I got a reply to my email quickly and was refunded fully.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch