Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maso

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2010
Hello guys, I just bought an ipod touch a week ago and everything went good, until I jailbreak with limera1n. At the beginning nothing went wrong, but after 3 days of downloading apps, I realize that my ipod touch was getting overheating... so then I search what was going on wrong and may I find the reason for it. I downloaded an app that doubles the battery life, but it was a mistake when I got it: here is the link http://itunes.apple.com/br/app/battery-double/id387611500?mt=8
Anyway, I deleted this app and to make sure that my ipod status came back I restored it from the scratch. Well, the overheating still appearing, now I don`t know if was the app fault, because I believe that the app affects the software that manage the battery hardware.
The overheating is insane, I can fry an egg with it while charging, but without the cable it decrease the temperature, but still hot.

Please, I need help... I don`t know what to do now :confused:

patp

Apr 10, 2008
if the heat is excessive, take the ipod to an apple store. they can determine if the battery is overheating or if its within the accepted range.

you'll get all sorts of answers here, bottom line take it to the apple store and if its defective they will replace it.

make sure you restore back to stock before going to the apple store.

Christian 5G

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2010
Orange County, CA
I had the same after I jailbreak my iPod it start so heating on the back bottom right when i charge it and playing?? it was so hot i feel like it was like 100 f after i restore its didnt appear anymore you better restore untill its gonna be worst

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.