Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Boyesen30

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2010
I am wondering if anyone has has this same problem. My iPod was on ios 4.1 and jailbroken with limera1n. My apps were constantly crashing so I wanted to restore and jailbreak again with greenpois0n. My iPod is now stuck in a boot loop and iTunes gives me error 3194 when trying to restore.

Any help on this would be awesome, I'm going to start pulling hair out soon.

tablo13

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Try to put it in DFU mode(hold power and home button for 10 seconds, then release power button while still holding home button until iTunes pops up a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.)

Boyesen30

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2010
Ok it seems it just wont let me put 4.1 back on. I tried 4.2 and it restored but I want 4.1 for greenpois0n. Is there anyway to downgrade?

Boyesen30

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2010
For now I guess I'll have to use 4.2.1. I didn't really want to cause tethered jailbreaks are annoying. Thanks for the help! :)

If anyone knows how I could downgrade to 4.1 so I can use greenpoisi0n untethered that would be greatly appreciated.

DavyDelusional

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2010
Hi

I have the exact same problem as Boyesen30. I tried to restore my ipod to remove the jailbreak, but instead itunes gave me a 3194 error. Now my ipod is completely unresponsive, I can't even get the screen to light up. I really want to get it working soon; what should I do and how should I do it?

tablo13

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
I have the exact same problem as Boyesen30. I tried to restore my ipod to remove the jailbreak, but instead itunes gave me a 3194 error. Now my ipod is completely unresponsive, I can't even get the screen to light up. I really want to get it working soon; what should I do and how should I do it?

Have you tried DFU?

734ll4

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2010
Hey i also have the same problem, and when i looked into it, people were having this way back, and this was their solution:

go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
open the "hosts" file with note pad, and add the following to the last line:
74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com

making it look like this

# Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost

Im not sure if this works, but if anyone wants to try it, go for it, i hav yet to fix my administrative privileges before trying this

734ll4

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2010
HEADSS UPP!!!!
Use that trick it works!
For Vista or Windows 7 users, you have to open notepad as administrator (Right-click, run as admin)
then click file>open>C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
on the right where it says text documents, change it to view all files, then select the hosts file, and add the line

After your done, save and close, open itunes, and restore, it take a little bit longer to verify the restore!

ALL FIRMWARES:
http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/

Last edited:

cissyschen

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2010
HEADSS UPP!!!!
Use that trick it works!
For Vista or Windows 7 users, you have to open notepad as administrator (Right-click, run as admin)
then click file>open>C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
on the right where it says text documents, change it to view all files, then select the hosts file, and add the line

After your done, save and close, open itunes, and restore, it take a little bit longer to verify the restore!

ALL FIRMWARES:
http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/
i have the same problem. tried this both on Mac & Win but still no luck :<
Mac: error 3002
Win: error 1600 or 'can't connect to the update site'

emitiuk

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2010
Need Help desperately

Hi, I'm really desperate because my ipod won't start because i was uninstalling something from cydia and it crashed so i restart it and then it won't start.

It's a 4th Generation iPod touch (4g) and i tried restoring it in safe mode and DFU and also with that thing of hosts and it keep on showing the 3194 error!!ç

I don't know what to do or if I'm doing something wrong!!

Please need help desperately.

Thank you.

emitiuk

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2010
Hi, I'm really desperate because my ipod won't start because i was uninstalling something from cydia and it crashed so i restart it and then it won't start.

It's a 4th Generation iPod touch (4g) and i tried restoring it in safe mode and DFU and also with that thing of hosts and it keep on showing the 3194 error!!ç

I don't know what to do or if I'm doing something wrong!!

Please need help desperately.

Thank you.

I've solved it by downloading the ios 4.1.2 and with the latest itunes version, i had the hosts thing too but i'm not sure if that affected something.

I'm glad and happy

Gumballman

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2011
Solution

For now I guess I'll have to use 4.2.1. I didn't really want to cause tethered jailbreaks are annoying. Thanks for the help! :)

If anyone knows how I could downgrade to 4.1 so I can use greenpoisi0n untethered that would be greatly appreciated.

If when you first jailbroke you eneabled Cydia to "make my life easier" then, great! Just google "downgrade iOS with shsh blobs":apple::D:p
If you didn't, go to http://www.idevicenews.co.uk and click on (the left) "downgrade and firmware"

Mukarram Mk

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2011
Thunx

U Guyz r Awesome!!! But i've a problem i dnt have a WiFi i've a DSL+2 when i download the game into my itunes i want to install.Just 1 unknown error comes 0xE8008001 plzz give me that solution !!

Syndication

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2012
I cant thank you enough!

Try to put it in DFU mode(hold power and home button for 10 seconds, then release power button while still holding home button until iTunes pops up a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.)

dude, you are BEAST!
my ipod was stuck in a boot loop exactly like the one you replied to and i put into dfu and plugged it in to my macbook and it sorted itself out! it was going to be casing for my next project!
i cant thank you enough, if theres anything somewhere on the internet [apart from piracy and all that][and money :p] that you need help with, dont forget to give me a shout :D
thanks,
dan [or syndication] :apple:

thegreati

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2012
Hey i also have the same problem, and when i looked into it, people were having this way back, and this was their solution:

go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
open the "hosts" file with note pad, and add the following to the last line:

making it look like this

Im not sure if this works, but if anyone wants to try it, go for it, i hav yet to fix my administrative privileges before trying this

I've first hand seen this trick work, its a beautiful thing

Pilja

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2012
I updated itunes and downloaded http://tipsneeded.com/download-ios-42-ipsw/ this restore file....then did the trick told here about the driver text file

then I restored with the "shift restore" command and found t he downloaded driver which did the trick and now my ipod works again....yay...

*edit...then I tried to update it to v. 5.0.1 and got the 3194 error again...I took the 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com out of the driver text file and restarted iTunes...it then updated my ipod to the latest version....

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.